Black Geyser - Tools of the Trade

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Last week the weekly update for Black Geyser offered more information on skills.

Keepers of lore, wisdom, of divine and spiritual secrets. Commonly called priests, they are some of the few who get to communicate with the gods and spirits of Yerengal. They all have their own ways of achieving this. Clerics pray to their deities, druids dream about the Green Mother, and shamans will commune with the spirits of the land. No matter the method used however, these supernatural beings will sometimes bestow their blessings upon those who ask. They have their own secretive ways though, and the reason behind why any blessing was given can rarely be known by the priests.

Blessings can affect a priest character in many ways. Some will enhance their protection against the elements, or increase the effects of their spells, while some may send animals to aid them in battle when they are attacked. It is only up to the gods and spirits to decide what happens.
More information.

Now that Realms Beyond is literally making saving throws against perma death, then it is good to see that at least Black Geyser is showing life signs.

Papa needs a fix for his insatiable Infinity Engine-like party based cRPGs addiction!!!

Now that Realms Beyond is literally making saving throws against perma death, then it is good to see that at least Black Geyser is showing life signs.

Papa needs a fix for his insatiable Infinity Engine-like party based cRPGs addiction!!!

Is development of Realms Beyond in trouble? Did I miss something?

I'd buy this today if it showed up as "early access" on steam. Same as I did with Encased & Solasta.

I really need to get a bit more proactive with backing interesting titles. :thinking:

I hope they manage to pull things together at some juncture, but right now I'd have to say it's not looking good. I've my fingers crossed for good luck, though.

Yeah, that's exactly what this is. Epic story, sprawling fights, and nine recruitable NPCs, each with their own back story, some with romances and personal quests.
The lead dev is heavily inspired by Baldur's Gate.

Release the damn game. Yeah none of these games ever release on schedule.
Yeah, that's exactly what this is. Epic story, sprawling fights, and nine recruitable NPCs, each with their own back story, some with romances and personal quests.
PoE as well as the graphics and menus look the same.

Last edited:

I know. It was me who reported that Black Geyser had been spewing out (pun intended) lore updates every week since the 6th of March, but somehow it had eluded the vigilant gaze of the RPGWatch.
Oh, well can't hardly blame them since the development team of Black Geyser has gone AWOL before and skipped deadlines. I thought it was dead as well, until I checked on it a couple of weeks ago.

The good news is that since it is friday they should be 'spewing' out a new update anytime soon.... :cool:

I actually wrote all of the recruitable NPC dialogue, as well as a decent chunk of the main story quest, under the direction of the Narrative Designer. So if the writing sucks, you can DM me and tell me off. :D

I actually wrote all of the recruitable NPC dialogue, as well as a decent chunk of the main story quest, under the direction of the Narrative Designer. So if the writing sucks, you can DM me and tell me off. :D

Cool, I’ll let you know if anything is out of order ;)

I’ve made a story mod for Divinity: Original Sin 2, set in my own costume made fantasy setting, that I’ve created some 100 pages of lore notes for. It has about 700 downloads on Steam.

So yeah I can relate to process of creating recruitable NCPs and dialogs.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the release of Black Geyser :cool:

Back
Top Bottom