2006 Indie RPG GotY Listing

txa1265

SasqWatch
Over at GameTunnel:

Role-playing games seem to be the most commonly started independent games project. However, for being so commonly started, in the past, they have been rarely completed.

This year, however, we saw many RPG games come to Game Tunnel and were impressed with most all of them. It was a hard category to pick a winner from, but an easy category for everyone to enjoy.

Nice little list ...

I'm glad Minions got mentioned, but I'm surprised that Lazarus wasn't on the list.

But then you'd open it up to Darkness over Daggerford and others ... these things are *mods* (however large) whereas the games on the list are actual full games

Despite your definition, I still consider Lazarus to be a full game!!

... and I consider Daggerford a full game ... but can you download those and play them *without a full retail game*? No.

Nice little list ...

Yeah? I think it's a bit disappointing. Not the individual titles but the CRPG "output" of the indie sector is effectively Jeff Vogel...and nothing else. I don't mean to demean the indie developers (I can imgaine the enormity of the task for part time developers) and it doesn't mean there isn't some good games in the queue but there isn't as whole lot of it. Again, take out online and console-inspired styles and you're left with...Jeff Vogel.

Been playing Fastcrawl full version for two weeks, still liking it! Good one for playing on the sly @ work ='.'=

Back
Top Bottom