Nioh coming to PC (Steam) 7 Nov 2017

I thought I'd never get to play this! One of the few console titles I was unhappy I had to miss. Instant buy for me. =)

I thought I'd never get to play this! One of the few console titles I was unhappy I had to miss. Instant buy for me. =)
I would strongly advise against that. Reason: KOEI TECMO did a pretty poor job of porting Dead or Alive. They didn't even support controllers correctly and still haven't fixed various issues causing crashing. Maybe they will do better with Nioh but I would wait to find out before paying them a dime.

P.S. Wouldn't this be a JRPG?

I would strongly advise against that. Reason: KOEI TECMO did a pretty poor job of porting Dead or Alive. They didn't even support controllers correctly and still haven't fixed various issues causing crashing. Maybe they will do better with Nioh but I would wait to find out before paying them a dime.

P.S. Wouldn't this be a JRPG?

I think it will probably be alright? I haven't played a really bad port in a long time.

Porting games isn't as hard as it used to be. Consoles used to have very different hardware to PCs but now they have, what, a few 1.6ghz AMD cpus? It's just x86 cpu architecture like PC. Probably about as powerful as a gtx780 machine.

I think a PC version must have been considered for a long while. It's due out in a month so there's no way they just started it. I'd say just finished it and are going to polish it for a month.

Dark Souls, the online petition, the terrible port, the community mod to fix it, the massive PC sales,etc. Team Ninja watched all of this happening. From the shadows, probably. I don't think this is a rushed cash grab. It's all been planned based off the path of Dark Souls!

Not supporting controllers sounds absolutely nuts for a game native to controllers!

I think as long as you ARE happy with controller there will be no issues navigating the GUI, etc, with a controller. It's just people who want good mouse support who will probably need to do some sensitivity tweaking and key rebinding to get things feeling like a proper mouse game.

It might be, but it might not be. I would hope that KT learned not to use whoever they used for DOA or, if they did it themselves, they read up on how to support them properly.

But then it will be pretty trivial to back off for 12 hours and let somebody else find out for you.

(Nice thing about DOA is there's a free version. You can get that, see if it works for you, and just uninstall if it doesn't.)

On Nov 30th a patch was suppose to update true kb/m controls for this game. From the steam board most of the comments are quite positive that this can now be played like a proper pc game. Anyone actually give it a try ? Some of the reviews suggest a lot of 'grunge' content.

On Nov 30th a patch was suppose to update true kb/m controls for this game. From the steam board most of the comments are quite positive that this can now be played like a proper pc game. Anyone actually give it a try ? Some of the reviews suggest a lot of 'grunge' content.

I bought the game at day one but couldn't play it because of the lack of mouse support. With the patch suddenly the game became more than playable now. Mouse movement is perfect and comfortable. Only difference I made was assigning dodge and running to the space bar and target lock to the middle mouse button. So I definitely recommend the game to PC gamers. If you played Dark Souls series, LotF and The Surge games on PC with mouse&keyboard like me you can buy Nioh without worrying.

By the way I really dont understand why there is an opinion that these games can't be played on K&M. Camera movements are much more precise with mouse than gamepad.

Back
Top Bottom