Risen - Status Update

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Piranha Bytes' lead designer Mike Hoge confirmed in a talk with the German print mag PC Games that a release candidate has been sent to publisher Koch Media before the GC. So the games is almost finished and on track for its Oct. 2nd release date. It will go into replication when the Koch Media QA is satisfied.
When asked about the next game Hoge said another Risen game would depend on the publisher. A new project would once again be a typical Piranha Bytes style RPG, in a fresh setting. Mr Hoge refused to give further details, but mentioned he would find a steampunk RPG attractive.
Don't read to much into this. It can mean everything. ;)
More information.

it's good to see this game in Q.A. with over a month to go. Hopefully they can squash many bugs.

They already have more than 2 months of beta behind them.

I hope they really go for a steampunk rpg next since there have been very few made and other then in the mmorpg genre none since Arcanum.

I hope they really go for a steampunk rpg next since there have been very few made and other then in the mmorpg genre none since Arcanum.

That would definitely be cool, especially since there's never been a steampunk crpg in first/third person 3D... at least none that I know of.

Yeah, but first things first, Risen needs to be an acceptable firmly established gaming success to reinstate PB's credibility - after that, steampunk, post apocalypse, planetary survival, the skys the limit!

Well I haven't played a decent Steampunk game (not only RPG) since Arcanum, so
yeah Steampunk + PB sounds too good to be true (and it will most likely prove to be
exactly that)...

I am also intrigued, but am not giving PB a pass until Risen actually shows that they have learned from G3.

Anything but fantasy would be cool. I'm bored with fantasy, why nearly all games after Fallout have to be fantasy? Troika was my only hope... but it died :| (BioWare makes some sci-fi games but they sucks, unfortunately)

Judging by everything I heard it's going to be Mass Effect copy, so I'm not interested. Anyway we will see after release date.

Huh? Other than the game engine, it doesn't seem to have a great deal in common with it. No morality-o-meter, real choice of gameplay styles, real choice and consequence...

Yeah, I don't see AP being anything like Mass Effect, and I don't understand how anyone would even get the impression that it was going to be an ME clone.

Risen still looks like it's going to get released on time?

Mr. Burns: Eeeexcelleeent.

I am also intrigued, but am not giving PB a pass until Risen actually shows that they have learned from G3.

Me too. Gothic 3 was in terrible technical shape for a long time and of course many of its inherent flaws were never fixed.

Me too. Gothic 3 was in terrible technical shape for a long time and of course many of its inherent flaws were never fixed.

You guys are too harsh. Two of the best games ever and at least they had ambitious ideas for Gothic 3, even if they couldn't pull it off. It's still a better track record than 80% of other studios.

Back
Top Bottom