Age of Wonders 3 - Delayed to 2014

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rock, Paper, Shotgun has news that the Startegy/RPG Age of Wonders 3 has been delayed to 2014. The usual answers was of couse given.

The Age of Wonders will dawn but we must wait until 2014. That suggests that this year is the Age of Mundanity, or perhaps even the Age of Blunders because I am incapable of resisting such a simple and satisfying rhyme. Eurogamer espied a forum post detailing the reasons for the delay:

"We’ve made great progress developing the game and feel now is the time to give you heads up that we will take a bit more time creating all the features and content. Age of Wonders 3 is the largest game in the series and with the additional polish we hope we can give you an even better experience."
Here is a GDC 2013 video to watch, and make you want the game now.

More information.

Odd. The vid didn't make me want the game now.
Delayed to 2014? Okay. Plenty of stuff to play in the meantime.

I tell you what though, that research tree is looking real nice. I can wait till 2014 but does anyone think that 2014 might have some of the biggest releases ever. Everything is being released next year and there is no way in hell I can play all these RPG's and strategy games.

Then you also have EQ Next and ESO coming out next year. I better get the divorce papers ready because I see a lot of neglect in my wife's future :)

Crap! I could've used something in 2013. Right now 2014 is looking more and more like one of the best gaming years we've seen. Sadly that means I won't have time to play it all as soon as it's released. I can't even remember the last time that happened.

What, a good Heroes of M&M clone? When did that happen? I sorta want this now.

What, a good Heroes of M&M clone? When did that happen? I sorta want this now.

if it's like the predecessors, I think it's much more similar to Master of Magic than to HoMM

Back
Top Bottom