Elder Scrolls Online - Release Date Announced

It better be polished in April though. It was supposed to be released last spring for the computer and they held it back for the the new console games. If it is not polished and there is no end game content for computer players they will lose a lot of subs.

It better be polished in April though. It was supposed to be released last spring for the computer and they held it back for the the new console games. If it is not polished and there is no end game content for computer players they will lose a lot of subs.

I think you made a mistake, it was supposed to be a Fall release, beta started last Spring.

I don't think it was pushed back because of the consoles personally, that was just PR. *hide*I've been in beta since July*hide*

Hey guys, your negativity works! I wanted ESO already. Now I want it badly! :)

I have mixed feeling about ESO but this trailer looks terrible. All I see is skinny and bony figures. Also the animation in general look forced and laboured. I was worried about this before but the draw distance is pretty poor and they are using that "purple" like fog hide things. I guess they are not using a good engine. Anyway if a game looks this bad in a trailer I wonder how it would like when you actually play it...

I have mixed feeling about ESO but this trailer looks terrible. All I see is skinny and bony figures. Also the animation in general look forced and laboured. I was worried about this before but the draw distance is pretty poor and they are using that "purple" like fog hide things. I guess they are not using a good engine. Anyway if a game looks this bad in a trailer I wonder how it would like when you actually play it…

Agreed. Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed the very poor animations, models, lighting engine, textures...basically everything. Yet another reason I hate this game. Yes, I hate opportunistic games made by corporate interests rather than passion. So should everyone IMO. /end hate for now

Doesn't the online aspect of MMOs require a dialing down of graphics quality? Exploration is certainly enhanced by better graphics, so I guess that's another reason why I'm not very interested in this. BTW, the dated graphics of LotRO dissuaded me from trying it. Not so for DDO for some reason.

The game looks great. I think everyone is so used to the graphics level like Skyrim or even Oblivion. If they didn't exist, then I think there would be a lot more positive feedback. Not to mention that you won't need a beefy rig to run it all.

Doesn't the online aspect of MMOs require a dialing down of graphics quality? Exploration is certainly enhanced by better graphics, so I guess that's another reason why I'm not very interested in this. BTW, the dated graphics of LotRO dissuaded me from trying it. Not so for DDO for some reason.

You want to have something that render fast because of the number of players that end up running around and all the "particle FX" that could happen in big fights. This mean cranking down the polygones of models and textures sizes. So yeah, dialing down the graphics. Also, armor pieces hurt performance (more polygones to render than if the armor/character was a single model).

Having played ESO, I personally think it's a really good looking game.

MMO is not an excuse for poor visuals any more. Just take a look at the new FF14ARR. It looks amazing in most visual departments and still run well even with lot of player on screen at at the same time. I think FF14ARR should be commend for their draw distance. It bloody amazing to see stuff (players, mobs, objects etc) at a distance rather than see fog.

Eye candy does not make a great MMO in itself but it sure doesn't hurt a MMO. I think good eye candy add lot to the immersion of the game.

Back
Top Bottom