Eschalon: Book 1 - November 19th Release Date

Hey BasiliskWrangler - question about versions:

When I buy the PC version, is it a general license for the game, or will I have to buy the Mac version separately when it comes out? Not a problem either way, just wondering ...

That's an important question for me too since eventually I'd probably want to play the game under Linux. But I want to start playing it this year :D So - will it just be a CD key usable with any version of the game? I'd like such a solution.

We will work with users to allow them to get the version they want. Please just contact us within 30 days of the Mac version being released (with your customer number) and we can convert your license for you.

We'll offer the same service when the Linux version is released, allowing you a period of time for license conversion from Windows or Mac. Oh, and of course you can only convert once...no Windows > Mac > Linux conversion.

However, if you really want to support us you'll just buy 8 copies of Eschalon for each platform. ;)

The trailer was very promising. I was worried about the lack of animations but this one seems to have it. I just played through fallout 2 and could easily play another rpg with isometric turn-based combat. Ill be waiting for the demo.

Brilliant the wait is over :) cant wait to place my order !

Wrong! Possibly dead wrong, as I hope that Book I so great (not to mention financially successful) there will indeed be Book II and III :)

Excellent news. Looking forward to my favorite play style and genre in a new world. And thanks for including a boxed version (hopefully with a manual )in the purchase options.
Of course, a map would be frosting on the cake, and I for one would pay separately for it if necessary.

We will work with users to allow them to get the version they want. Please just contact us within 30 days of the Mac version being released (with your customer number) and we can convert your license for you.

We'll offer the same service when the Linux version is released, allowing you a period of time for license conversion from Windows or Mac. Oh, and of course you can only convert once...no Windows > Mac > Linux conversion.

However, if you really want to support us you'll just buy 8 copies of Eschalon for each platform. ;)
Why don´t you offer cheap upgrades to a multi-platform license? Then you don´t even have to convert, and you avoid a potential customer service nightmare. Just make it 5 bucks more per platform or so. Practically you couldn´t care less whether a customer installs Eschalon on 1 PC or 1 PC, 2 notebooks, a Mac and his Linux machine, as long as he has paid for the full version.

Are the savegames compatible between the different platforms?

Why don´t you offer cheap upgrades to a multi-platform license? Then you don´t even have to convert, and you avoid a potential customer service nightmare. Just make it 5 bucks more per platform or so. Practically you couldn´t care less whether a customer installs Eschalon on 1 PC or 1 PC, 2 notebooks, a Mac and his Linux machine, as long as he has paid for the full version.

I love that idea! Even $10 would be fine.

Are the savegames compatible between the different platforms?
I certainly hope so ...

Back
Top Bottom