The Banner Saga - Project Update #8

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Banner Saga has sent out a Kickstarter update, offering clarification on the rewards ($562k, three days to run). An excerpt:
Hello, esteemed backers! Within the last few days, two very important things have happened to encourage this update: 1) We added a bunch of new prizes to our already many and varied prizes! and 2) We’ve gotten a lot of requests to clarify said prizes, and have been pointed to other kickstarter campaigns who have already done a similar update.
So, we’ve broken out each individual tier to tell you exactly what you get and address some of the common questions we get about them. We should mention this up front: regardless of whether you’ve changed your pledge or not, you will receive whichever prize you have selected when the campaign ends on April 20th.
More information.

Really surprised at how much I'm loving the style of this game. If someone described it to me in words alone I'd be pretty skeptical, but their pitch video and the recent music update have me on the edge of my seat in anticipation for this one.

backer contributed content, hmm (guild crests in this case)- I'm not sure this is a good idea. I think its hurt the writing of the Wheel of Time books (for $1000 Sanderson will find a place to put your name) - or I should say doesn't contribute anything but a lack of focus on what's important.

The guild crests won't have any impact on the game unless you choose to use them when you start your adventure. I don't see how this will impact the game's focus.

I've backed for the poster + trilogy because I think this type of game offers something quite different than other games out there. In a way, it seems like a choose-your-own-adventure type of story only with many, many, more variances than a book could ever have. Also, I'm sure you have to add in a dose of randomness as the same choices may not lead to the same results every time around.

Back
Top Bottom