NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GameInformer Beamdog will soon release Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition with some new features.

Return to the Forgotten Realms in this bestselling Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game. Combines all the content of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition with all-new enhanced features! Find out more at nwn.beamdog.com!

• Improved Display: Your portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements adjust in size based on your chosen resolution including 1080p and 4k.
  • Advanced Graphics Options: Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for crisper, cleaner visuals. Enable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options as preferred.
  • Community Endorsed: Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders.
  • Backwards Compatibility: Works with save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights. A galaxy of community created content awaits.
More information.

If this is some kind of April fools I will be annoyed. If not... I might just have to go change my pants.

Find out more at nwn.beamdog.com!

…host not found

Although there is a countdown on the beamdog site so who knows.

Well then it's back to the wardrobe for those pants then

=)

So they will presumbably remove the original NWN from GOG which sells for $9 and now charge $20 for the enhanced edition 'effort'. Fuck these fuckers.

So they will presumbably remove the original NWN from GOG which sells for $9 and now charge $20 for the enhanced edition 'effort'. Fuck these fuckers.

$11 extra for an enhanced version with big improvements and modern support for an ancient, classic CRPG.

Yes, how utterly disgraceful. Better to just let these classic games rot, right?

Let the hatefest begin! :party:

P.S. The fact this game will now be playable in 4K with UI element scaling is worth the entire asking price for me. I did not enjoy having to play in 800x600 when playing the Swordflight module a few months ago.

Edit - Not to mention they are working with and encouraging NEW modules to be made. Good god, this is amazing. Anyone who thinks otherwise should revoke their RPGWatch membership now and hand in their RPG Card. :)

$11 extra for an enhanced version with big improvements and modern support for an ancient, classic CRPG.

Yes, how utterly disgraceful. Better to just let these classic games rot, right?

Let the hatefest begin! :party:

Yes fuck having a choice over which version to purchase. How very unreasonable...

wow, I did not see that coming.

Edit: I would like to see Witch's Wake finished....

P.S. The fact this game will now be playable in 4K with UI element scaling is worth the entire asking price for me. I did not enjoy having to play in 800x600 when playing the Swordflight module a few months ago.

Edit - Not to mention they are working with and encouraging NEW modules to be made. Good god, this is amazing. Anyone who thinks otherwise should revoke their RPGWatch membership now and hand in their RPG Card. :)

Who made you judge, jury and executioner you loon.

wow, I did not see that coming.

Edit: I would like to see Witch's Wake finished….

I'd like to see new modules set in Planescape to be made. Or just new, expansive campaigns in general. Should be interesting to see if modders really dig in again.

I think people are still making new mods for the game, and playing multiplayer, etc..

Not as pathetic as being a Beamdog lover.

Trying to shame me because I'm a lover? That's really…something. :)

I love RPGs. Guilty as charged. And I love when developers attempt to breathe new life into the classics that I would assume everyone on a site like this loves.

But if that $11 extra offends you, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess wait for a sale, since Beamdog titles are always in sales over time. :party:

Edit - I guess I am invisible, which is why I appear offline. I never noticed this site even had that function. Huh. :)

Trying to shame me because I'm a lover? That's really…something. :)

I love RPGs. Guilty as charged. And I love when developers attempt to breathe new life into the classics that I would assume everyone on a site like this loves.

But if that $11 asking price offends you, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess wait for a sale, since Beamdog titles are always in sales over time. :party:

Edit - I guess I am invisible, which is why I appear Offline. I never noticed this site even had that function. Huh. :)

Your opinions on RPGs have no worth to me, sorry to say. An indiscriminating taste is useless to me when looking for opinions on RPGs. You also defend bad practises and bad philosophy. I suspect if Beamdog were to introduce microtransactions you would say its the best thing ever for RPGs. So whatever...

Back
Top Bottom