Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Gameplay Video

Graphics doesn't tend to get better, only worse (plenty of examples of that, dark souls 2, far cry, Witcher 3 etc etc). It looks good enough but it does look dated. xbox is the most powerful console and its very similar to PC so i doubt there will be much difference in the PC version, a little better textures and AA perhaps. It looks "ok" apart from the dead lighting, same with the art / models.. it's not so bad that i wouldnt play it.

Copied from another site…

…I expected something far worse than this tbh, something linear.. i get the impression that it's not a huge open world like AssCreed, but more like Metroid Prime or DS, but on the other hand with back-tracking so there will be a sense of you're actually in a living breathing world, unlike most star wars games where you just move forward in a linear fashion. KOTOR it aint, but no one in their right mind expected that.

Vurt thank you for putting all that info together. I truly enjoyed reading it. :cool:

This sounds like a really decent star wars game. From the info you gathered, I think we can assume that there will be little ranged combat with blasters, but otherwise there is plenty to like. The game seems to have a good writing team behind it, so we'll be for a treat in terms of story and characters. I'm a sucker for good star wars story, so yeah I'm itching to get my hands on this game.

After watching the gameplay trailer, I began worring that it would be awfully linear and full of cutscenes, but that info seems to put those worries of mine at rest. It won't be kotor 3 for sure, but it sounds like there is room exploration and we can return to previously explored gameworlds.

As for graphics and visual quality, not the cutting edge perhaps, but I'm satisfied. Most important thing is that the gameplay, saber combat and use of force powers looks really fun.

I eager to see the skills tree and what kind force powers / feats this young jedi can learn. Can he for instance fall into dark side? I hope he can and we can feel his struggle during the main campaign as he begins to untap his full potential. ^^

Last edited:
It's got the atmosphere right, I'm buying if the overall quality is decent enough!

Copied from another site
Thanks. That sounds pretty good.
Except the thing about save points and respawns. :(

It doesn't look like a linear Uncharted or Tomb Raider game at all imo.. they don't offer things like back tracking or choosing where to go. It's more similar to DS in that regard i think, you're not limited to progressing in just one direction.

Dunno what they are promising, but video looked pretty linear. About promises I dont care much, especially not gonna keep my hopes up based on EA promises. But if they really make good game, I will play it of course.

Looks like another made for streamer product. It is bland. Combat is nerveless. Even the show caser swings in the air. They sort of think that emulating TW3 type of combat is the way to go.

On a side note, there is a growing trend among video makers of people who destroy cultural products for the sake of it.
For vid products, this trend goes so bad video makers use review copies to exhibit bugs when they know most of them will be crushed by day one patch. It pays the bill.

This product looks fine material for this endeavour.
Just the way the Sith wields his weapons, harming more his comrades than his enemy baffles.
Most of these video makers are part of the woke crowd though, and that type is angered by liminar elements. Time will tell.

They are the type who scream about skin colour, gender that would be untrue to source materials and stuff. They are the TW is based on historical Poland type of people.

As years went by, the idea of force in Star Wars was cheapened. Jedi knights were supposed to be a humble lot, using sparsely the force, training hard in their body to avoid overreliance on the force.

The vid shows a jedi that makes wonder if he can pass water without using the force.
But he is the right skin colour and the right gender so it is enough to be true to the source material.

Dunno what they are promising, but video looked pretty linear. About promises I dont care much, especially not gonna keep my hopes up based on EA promises. But if they really make good game, I will play it of course.

they probably wanted to show a linear part with some story elements so that the viewer knows what's going on. Journalists claims its similar to the Metroid Prime games.. but yes that part looked 100% linear, hope journos arent lying through their teeth, though i don't know why they would.

And yeah, even skill tree is there it seems (something i didn't expect tbh..)

Really enjoyed what I saw. Gameplay did look kind of linear and straightforward, but it was the combat system that stole the show for me. Gave me huges vibes of Sekiro in terms of the combat system, although the AI seems really fucking dumb, but that's business as usual for stormtroopers. Probably gonna play this in Hard mode.

Also enjoyed the graphics, ambience, sound, all pretty good to me.

Really bummed me how they framed that this demo was being played by a pro player who knows the game and its systems. That didn't seem like a pro player at all? They took some stupid fucking hits from the spiders, and sometimes looked like they weren't unsure how to proceed, or which enemy to attack, but maybe that was part of giving off that "thoughtful combat" vibe.

Not pre-ordering, but really, really excited for this game. So far the game I'm most excited for in 2019. Let's see if that's the case after E3 ends.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

Looks very cool. Needs a mini-map though -- I'd get lost pretty quickly.

save points are great.. it's a good balance that makes a lot of sense, it doesn't make the game a rogue-like (which of course does not fit everyone and can be tedious) and it also doesn't make you "cheat" using saves (which is too easy to do instead of "getting good".)

Respawns sucks though. But maybe that's a no-brainer in a game from a company named Respawn..

I can deal with save points if 1) they are fairly common and 2) I can exit the game whenever I need to and restart where I left of. If you have to play on for any length of time before you are 'allowed' to stop, well, that I don't support. I don't mind sensible respawn e.g. after a week or month, fauna has returned after you butchered it all ;-) But I remember Badlands, where an entire cave of enemies respawned within minutes of me getting to the end of a large the cave and heading back again. That's BS.

Respawns can be acceptable if they make a lot of sense, but they should not happen for a rather long period.. And yes, i agree that it can be a bit annoying when you want to quit and it won't save your progress because the save point hasn't been reached.

I'm not a Star Wars fan boy so this game is not one I would be interested in. That said, if I was a Star Wars fan, I think it looks pretty good in terms of the setting, the graphics, the light saber combat, the mood, all that fits into the Star Wars milieu very well. Even the way too cute little mechanical toy he carries on his back and that makes those too cutesy type noises. I can see why that would appeal to a fan. (to me it is like nails on the chalkboard and "cuteness overload")

I also don't like the young Jedi character at all, to me he is very bland. At least you can ignore him with his back to you most of the time while you're playing, lol. But I'm picky and like I said, not really a fan, so…

save points are great.. it's a good balance that makes a lot of sense, it doesn't make the game a rogue-like (which of course does not fit everyone and can be tedious) and it also doesn't make you "cheat" using saves (which is too easy to do instead of "getting good".).

You know what's even better? Having the ability to manually save too. :)

Um… because sometimes people need to stop playing and don't want to lose their progress?

...all the rogue-likes i play save if you quit the game. It's probably the standard since it would be "a bit" tedious to restart a game that takes perhaps 100h to finish ;)

Back
Top Bottom