Star Wars Retrospective @ Gametrailers.com

magerette

Hedgewitch
A slow Sunday on the newsfront brings up this little documentary over at Gametrailers.com on the early histroy of Star Wars videogames. While not specifically RPG related, this first part of the retrospective does give some early game history on the Star Wars Atari 2600 titles that may be nostalgic for those who played them during their formative years.
More information.

Yeah, I saw that but was going to wait until something RPG-related came along to mention it. Of the stuff mentioned, I played the heck out of the original Star Wars arcade game - they had the 'sit-in' one in our local arcade. Great fun!

I never played the early console games but was a huge fan of X-Wing and Tie Fighter for the PC.

Disneyland has a great ride, "Star Tours," that's a whole lot of fun. It simulates a hairy space flight through an asteroid field and the classic battle against a death star. It's my favorite ride in the park.

Disneyland has a great ride, "Star Tours," that's a whole lot of fun. It simulates a hairy space flight through an asteroid field and the classic battle against a death star. It's my favorite ride in the park.

Yep, in DisneyWorld it is in the MGM park ... went there over Christmas break. Love that ride!

I will probably go on that ride when I go to Disneyland while I'm at Anime-Expo in July.

I'm always surprised how much the "Jedi Academy" game is worth on ebay - although it's not that old.

Maybe there's a shortage ? :confused:

Also, a few games are really hard to find.

A site called The Emulator Strikes Back was once a really interesting site concerning Star Wars gaming, but seemingly LucasArts had closed this site down.

One of their most interesting pieces was an unpublished PC port of the Super Star Wars game for NES or SNES (don't remember it correctly anymore).

Back
Top Bottom