Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Begins Shipping in NA

magerette

Hedgewitch
Blues posts the announcement from JoWood and Dreamcatcher that Gothic 3:Forsaken Gods has begun shipping to North America:
JoWooD and DreamCatcher announce that Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods is shipping to North American stores, and in addition to this add-on for Gothic 3, they are also now shipping the Gothic 3 Collector’s Edition, which includes the latest version of the RPG along with the new expansion. When the game went gold, a November 21 release date was announced, while Amazon seems to indicate both SKUs have been available for a week, so once again, your mileage may vary...
More information.

Try making your comment again, Kostaz--I don't know why it isn't showing up.

This is ridiculous, I have more game than I can shake a stick at!

I'll be lucky if I get around to playing Forsaken Gods before 2010.

Hmmm ... still showing 'pre order' at GameStop ... and my order at Amazon still says '3 - 5 weeks' ...

I have a downloadable version. First impressions.. well, it's a bit rough.

Hmmm ... still showing 'pre order' at GameStop ... and my order at Amazon still says '3 - 5 weeks' ...

Just got back from GameStop, they show 11\26\08 as the release date.

Their listing shows Gothic 3 CE as the title, I didn't see a seperate one for Forsaken Gods.

from the screenshots, 'Forsaken Gods' looks the same as its predecessor. i wonder what has been changed?

I didn't even think I was interested in this game (I'm in love with G2 but only in like with G3 and in fact it ended badly), but now with a downloadable version so temptingly close....

Actually, reverting back to 178.24 Nvidia drivers seems to have helped me out. It seems to run ok now :)

Cmon man how is the gameplay itself? :|

I have a downloadable version. First impressions.. well, it's a bit rough.

There are some first impressions on worldofgothic.de forums (in German). JoWood is an Austrian company, so the game was in Austrian stores since 18.11., a few days earlier than elsewhere. As for the first impressions, the German-speaking players would apparently agree with you. :( (Edit: no, I don't have the game, I'm just reading the forums right now.)

By the way, are you the author of G1 mods The Trial (Chapter 1) and VisiGothic? If so, let me say that I enjoyed them.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, their in-store listings (that binder on the counter that shows all the "coming soon" titles) didn't have an entry for Forsaken Gods.
Yep - when I printed the page out and brought it in with me the guy was surprised, but they still couldn't pre-order.

Pleasantly surprised to see FG listed at only $19.99. I'll probably just get the CE anyways though.
That was what I did - just grabbed the CE for a pre-order. Well, I also ordered FG through Amazon and GameStop online ... be canceling two of those ;)

Interestingly ... GameStop *still* says 'pre-order ships 11/20'. They haven't a clue.

The NDAs of the beta testers go up tomorrow. This is going to be interesting.

PC Games.de: 64%

They say it's more a mod than an add-on.

PC Games tested an English version. The feedback on WoG hints the German version has additional problems.

"A mod that retains the flaws of the vanilla game" or is my school German even worse than I thought? :p

Back
Top Bottom