Demon's Souls - Remake Coming to PC?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming initially reported that Demon's Souls will be coming to PC in the form of a remake. However that appears to have been a mistake.

UPDATE:

Sony has taken down the original trailer for Demon's Souls Remake, and re-uploaded it in order to remove the PC mention at the end. The company also claims that the game will be exclusive to PS5. However, and since a trailer passes a lot of hands before it airs, it seems that the company has spilled the beans earlier than anticipated.

[...]

More information.

Like no one ever predicted this happening.:roll:

Homer.gif

* update*

Human error, it’s not coming to PC, at least not initially and no mention when or if it ever will.

Source

I'm hoping the "human error" bit was that they just announced the pc version too early, and they don't want to distract from the PS5 launch title.

According to this (non official) account though, Sony just accidentally used the same "ending" which was already in the FFXVI trailer and missed that they needed to edit out the PC reference. Looks like it's a ps5 exclusive from the Sony comment. Which would be a bit of a downer (or an incentive to buy a PS5 I guess, depending on your outlook. I still haven't played Bloodborne so it's getting pretty tempting….)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaveDemonsSouls/status/1306369452427149313

Just my theory bear with me. They probably intended to release on PC but weren't ready to announce that yet, and somehow forgot to take the text out of the trailer.

Another theory is they didn't want to piss off console peasants.:biggrin:

Joking aside we know Final Fantasy XVI will get a PC release eventually. It's just a matter of when. It's usually a few years after the console release based on past games.

Just my theory bear with me. They probably intended to release on PC but weren't ready to announce that yet, and somehow forgot to take the text out of the trailer.

Another theory is they didn't want to piss off console peasants.:biggrin:

Joking aside we know Final Fantasy XVI will get a PC release eventually. It's just a matter of when. It's usually a few years after the console release based on past games.

I mean they don't want to take away hype for PS5.
I'm also sure that FF16 will come to PC after ~1 year of exclusivity.

I'm sure this and other PS5 games will end up on PC. AA and AAA games can't afford to close themselves to a whole market, just for ideological reasons. And I doubt Sony will pay enough to all those developers, to have a real exclusive. At most, a temporary one. I would be surprised if FF16 and Demon's Souls doesn't launch for PC within a year.

I hope you're right, but we're still waiting for Bloodborne.

I'm sure Sony is looking for as many exclusives as it can get. They didn't do a PC port for Demon Souls or Bloodborne, even though they would sell well. As much as I'd love to see this on PC I have serious doubts.

It looks fantastic, though. Much better graphics than the PS3 game.

On the bright side, if they're working on a remaster of Demon Souls as an exclusive that's a good sign FromSoftware hasn't sold out Elden Ring to Sony. I've been going hollow while waiting for some news and was starting to get a little worried.

At $70 I hope it’s one heck of a remake. I was notified that ps5 preorders are available but they were sold out by the time I tried.

I wont be combing the internet refreshing pages to get one so until I can walk in to a Best Buy and find them readily available I wont be getting one. I suspect this will be 1st quarter 2021. Sad that console shortages are still a thing lack of availability doesn’t somehow make me want one more.

It's a simple marketing strategy. They wanted Demons Souls and FFXVI to be announced at PS5 exclusives to sell more consoles, but pulled the trigger too early on the future PC versions, which may make some potential customers feel it's worth waiting for the PC version instead of buying the PS5.

I don't know if that will affect PS5 sales a lot, but they definitely screwed it up.

I don't remember Demon's Souls on PS3 being that easy (one hit kill) as in the video! Also I can't remember this particular area very well - I spent quite a while in the castle area after the hub!

I'd love for this to be just a marketing strategy, and that they will release it on PC, but what worries me is that I heard the slide that announces the pc version, which was appended to the end of the youtube trailer (it wasn't present during the actual PS5 presentation), is the same slide that was appended to the Deathloop game. So it doesn't seem to be a slide made particularly for Demon's Souls, but just the Deathloop one, posted by mistake to the DS trailer.

This looks quite good, indeed a remake/ remaster whatever they call it. Seems like they put effort into it, and it's probably the engine from Dark souls 3.
I really hope it comes to PC.

I don't remember Demon's Souls on PS3 being that easy (one hit kill) as in the video! Also I can't remember this particular area very well - I spent quite a while in the castle area after the hub!

Well it's a remake not a remaster, right? I'm assuming they added or changed some areas.

It does look a lot easier than the original, or at least it does in that footage. I wonder if they reduced the difficulty to try to appeal to a larger audience.

All these console games are developed on PCs and are demoed on special console developer kits. Its a bit strange, don't you think, a game developed literally on the PC never sees a PC platform release? :>

Back
Top Bottom