The Witcher 2 - Roundup #5

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I'm short on time, so here's a quick Witcher 2 catch-up - and thanks to everyone who wrote in with links.
NowGamer talks with Tomasz Gop about the console approach:
"We've already done a PC game that doesn't suck. In that way we kinda know where we're at. That's why we started off with what we feel good at," Gop said. "If we'll make a console version in the future, I'm pretty sure it won't be dumbed down. Not in the case of The Witcher 2 - there's no need and no way for us to simplify the game for consoles."
Kotaku is impressed with the motion blur.
Fansite Witcher2Game posted Exploring The Witcher 2: Day One.
The Story: Like Dragon Age 2 which released earlier this year, The Witcher 2 kicks off with a bit of framed narrative. Geralt starts the game in prison, and it’s his own responses to being interrogated which direct the story and allow the player to chose the order of events during the prologue. Geralt’s interrogator, Vernon Roche, is determined to figure out Geralt’s part in the chaotic events surrounding the blood feud in Temeria, and has threatened the witcher with death should his answers be displeasing. With Geralt as his own narrator the story kicks off, and between dragons, sorceresses, political intrigue and a chance encounter with the Scoia’tael, it looks like there’s a lot to do to make the kingdom safe again.
...and Rock, Paper, Shotgun has one of their Wot I Think reviews:
This is one of the most significant games of 2011. Right now it looks like most significant PC-only game of 2011.
The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings is the sequel to 2007′s wonky fantasy RPG, The Witcher, and it improves on that precarious foundation in almost every conceivable way. I suppose the ambition of the developers for their work should have been clear after they relaunched their original game with the voice acting and character animation redone in 2008, to give us an Enhanced Edition, but even that was a pale creature when compared to the muscular effort of their most recent work. The Witcher 2 is a collossal beast in terms of vision and complexity, and it has engrossed me for the past few days. It’s shorter than the original by some measure, but it is burning half as long to be twice as bright.
More information.

Im extreamly disapointed … a huge shame in gaming industry - Bioware -10/10 for them on scale for embrasment.

http://www.thegx.co/news/1270/bioware-employee-reviews-witcher-ii

That article offers no proof that M_Stannard is a BioWare employee. The confirmed BioWare employees caught up in the DAII review things were Avanost and LupoTheeButcher.

There were numerous accounts giving DAII 10/10 and TW2 0/10, including two called "BiowareIntern" and "David Gaider". I can't believe people fell for this, didn't see it as the obvious troll it is, and just unthinkingly attack BioWare. C'mon guys.

Now THAT'S a critical failure ! O_O

I BET they do it on Amazon as well, then ! O_O

"Kotaku is impressed with the motion blur."

Motion blur made me bit dizzy and sick so I had to turn it off. May be its too good :)

That article offers no proof that M_Stannard is a BioWare employee. The confirmed BioWare employees caught up in the DAII review things were Avanost and LupoTheeButcher.

There were numerous accounts giving DAII 10/10 and TW2 0/10, including two called "BiowareIntern" and "David Gaider". I can't believe people fell for this, didn't see it as the obvious troll it is, and just unthinkingly attack BioWare. C'mon guys.

Well according to them hes an confirmed employe, the same person that reviewed DA 2 and gave 10/10 so i dunno what much of troling it is. But you know its the internetzzzz odd things are happening, od rummors and sometimes the truth is revealed.

But judging by the reviews for DA 2 "done" by BioWare, i wouldnt be surprised if that would be actualy truth. But if it is then as i writed -10/10

Damn spelling ;) My english sux

Well according to them hes an confirmed employe, the same person that reviewed DA 2 and gave 10/10 so i dunno what much of troling it is.
So say this is a real Bioware employee... that means there's a Bioware employee who is also a hardcore Bioware fanboy. Good for him, he has his ultimate dream job or something but I really doubt he's representing the company here.

Well i dont want to start a flame war here that BioWare is the sh***zzzz or its the GoDzzzzzzz betwean lovers and haters, just stated tham im disapointed by what has ben "presented"

About representing company or not:
Well he might be ordered/payed by hes "Bos" to do such things. But gues we will never know the truth and thats where i want o leave it in the mist of things without explanation ;)

As if Bioware employees would use their real names on metacritic. Credit them with a crumb of intelligence.

I look forward to playing Witcher 2, and possibly also DA2, if they manage to patch out some of the well publicised problems in the latter.

Yeah, some people are just too credulous. If he's a 'confirmed Bioware employee', then it should not be too hard to refer to some evidence of such. Easy enough that the lack of reference should set off the BS detectors of anyone with ____.

I heard that authors sometimes do similar things on Amazon for their own books ...

Oh whatever, anyone who considers DA2 to be 10/10 and Witcher 2 0/10 is dumb troll, no matter where he is employed. Not worth of discussion.

I think its fake to? And do remember that, then The Witcher 1st came out, bioware recomended it, on their own site www.bioware.com, a thing they have never don before or after, whit another companys game.

Well according to them hes an confirmed employe, the same person that reviewed DA 2

And if they claim the sky is purple will that make it so? Last time around the reports offered evidence of it being a BioWare employee. This time, nothing. It's just a bunch of trolls feeding off of BioWare's sinking reputation, and you all bit on the troll, hard.

Forget that obvious troll. What I found hilarious was EA's response to Avanost's review:

"Of course the people who make the game vote for their own game. That's how it works in the Oscars, that's how it works in the Grammy's and why I'm betting that Barack Obama voted for himself in the last election."

Thanks, Brother None, for providing those names. I hadn't heard about this and it was highly entertaining. Now that I've had my laugh I'm going to back to something that actually matters like deciding whether to play Witcher 2, Dungeons of Dredmor or Stone Soup.

I really dont care about what a person says. I'm playing the game and finished it once already. Had more fun playing this game than DA2 and its nice to see a M-rated game for adult players.

Though you have to wonder if 12 year old Johny gets his mother to buy the game and walks in on him playing the game. Imagine the scandal.

Back
Top Bottom