Chucklefish Games - Introducing Pathway

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Chucklefish have partnered with Robotality for Pathway which is a turn-based strategy RPG with voxels and pixel graphics.

About

THE YEAR IS 1936 …
It is a time of global unrest as German military influence is spreading throughout Europe and the Middle East. Rumors of frantic excavations and strange artifacts, not to mention ghastly occult rituals, have begun to surface across secret communication channels.

THEY TOOK OUR FRIEND …
Morten has vanished. The Nazis took him because he interfered with their occult research. We have to rescue him before it’s too late. And afterwards, who knows what other adventures await?

Robotality previously developed Halfway, their future themed turn-based RPG released in 2014. This follow up project applies many lessons learned while making that game. Their custom built technology and tools really help elevate Pathway’s gameplay to a new level.

You can learn more about Pathway on Robotality’s twitter, their development blog, or the game’s website. You can also visit the Pathway steam page to wishlist and receive updates there. Stay tuned for more details over the next few months – this one will be coming soon!
More information.

This looks great. I'm on board.

For the fence-sitters, the reason you should watch this game is their last game.

Half-way is apparently suffering from mixed reviews, but it's a very memorable tactical indie gem. Great story, thrilling combat, and incredibly well designed. As you can maybe tell I *highly* recommend it.

Damn… that does look good! I'm not a lover of pixel art per se but the scenes in that game do look really good. Hoping for some deep mechanics in the combat!

Edit: just read that each adventure is dynamically generated. Dock a point for me. Could still be a great game but that'll definitely mean less on the narrative side of things.

Loved Halfway and will definitely play this one. Halfway was a perfect mix of a leight-weight tactics game with RPG Elements and story, with great pixel art and an awesome soundtrack. It only felt short regarding the depth of the character and item system.

Loved Halfway and will definitely play this one. Halfway was a perfect mix of a leight-weight tactics game with RPG Elements and story, with great pixel art and an awesome soundtrack. It only felt short regarding the depth of the character and item system.

It seems to be one of those games that slipped under the radar. These guys don't seem to have a knack for naming their games which probably hasn't helped things.

It seems to be one of those games that slipped under the radar. These guys don't seem to have a knack for naming their games which probably hasn't helped things.

Now that you mention it, "Pathway" is pretty weak, even weaker than Half-way.

This certainly sounds interesting, but many games sound great, only for that noise to signify nothing. I've not played their other games either, so I may try out one of those first at some point.

Yep, especially after the awesome ending scene (not giving spoilers).

But financially Halfway was pretty bad for them. So it's not a surprise that it's not a direct sequel.

I don't think money was a major driver in their decision to make Pathway. If it was, they'd have been better off making a different style of game, or giving up game development entirely.

Back
Top Bottom