Witcher 3 - Patch 1.07

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
There will be no free DLC for The Witcher 3 this week, because CD Project Red is working on the 1.07 patch:
As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:

• A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
  • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
  • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
  • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
  • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
  • Various improvements to horse behavior.
Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.
Thanks henriquejr & BrianOConnell for the info!

More information.

The patch is coming to all platforms.

Looks like some good improvements to the UI. I wonder what the alternative movement response mode is. Will Geralt finally play like Call of Duty? :biggrin:

Well, movement is definitely needlessly awkward. I hope it means we'll get a less binary movement system.

I wonder what the alternative movement response mode is. Will Geralt finally play like Call of Duty? :biggrin:
OMG no!
For god's sakes… Please no MMOization of singleplayer games!
Hopefully alternative movement mode means not falling off ledges so much because of momentum and odd start hops.
I seriously doubt they'll turn Geralt into Shay Cormac.
Would be nice to have it definetly, but it's simply a different genre - TW3 is not supposed to be an environment puzzle of AC size.

The patch is coming to all platforms.

Considering it's not platform specific fixes I don't see why it wouldn't come to all of them.

Then DAI next DLC is not going to release on the XBOX 360 and PS3...so I guess everything is possible.

Please, don't mention that one.
Yesterday's 1 gigabyte sized patch (and 2 gigs on consoles) addressed only four multiplayer glitches. Meanwhile annoying bugs in singleplayer are ignored for ages.

Oh thank goodness for storage, I can finally get that exasperating amount of crafting supplies out of my face.

Oh thank goodness for storage, I can finally get that exasperating amount of crafting supplies out of my face.

"Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight." unless you are talking about numbers and not weight.

"Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight." unless you are talking about numbers and not weight.

He was talking 'face', not numbers or weight ;) . You know, there are those weird people who like it tidy.

His loss (of the full game experience) like those who rush through the main quests and miss all the wonderful freeform exploration and respawning shipwreck sirens.

Good for them with this patch. I'm glad to see the UI updates. The UI is pretty good but needed a few optimizations to make things less tedious. Shame on those finding nothing but complaints... they add to the whiny stereotype gamers already have.

I really hope they've added instant-cast keybindings for each Sign. Combat would feel so much more fluid if I could use my 4 thumb mouse buttons to cast each sign instead of scrolling through them watching the corner of the screen for the right one as I'm getting stun-lock pounded by drowners.

Looks like some good improvements to the UI. I wonder what the alternative movement response mode is. Will Geralt finally play like Call of Duty? :biggrin:

Maybe they mean it will be possible for him to turn without forward movement. You know, like a person instead of the world's deadliest hatchback. A minor annoyance sure, but it would make pointing him at whatever object you're trying to interact with a little bit simpler.

Cool, sounds like a lot of improvements, and especially nice to read about the books getting their own inventory place, that really should have been in the game from the get-go.

Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.

I am quite please with these two. I loved the glowing book mod for Skyrim and this solves that problem.
Also the 30 tons Gerald was another thing I didn't like.
I'm happy now :D

Too bad all this comes after I have finished the game, but it will serve me well on the second play-through when the expansions come out.

Back
Top Bottom