Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen - Release Date: January 22

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPG Site reports that the Visual Novel / Tactical RPG Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen will be released on January 22:

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen to release for Steam on January 22

Developer Aquaplus and publishers DMM Games & Shiravune have announced that Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen will launch for Steam on January 22. The games will feature Japanese voices with Japanese, English, and Chinese subtitles. This announcement comes about one year after Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth landed on the platform.

No price has been announced, though it is worth noting the other Utawarerumono games are priced at $39.99. The Steam page is here.

DMM Games also notes that Prelude to the Fallen for PC will contain a re-polished version of the translation used previously in the console versions. Additionally, the two games already on PC will be receiving a simultaneous update to include a new auto-save functionality, along with some minor improvements and fixes.

[...]
More information.

Someone should tell them that the name isn't exactly optimal for a western audience ;)

I feel like we might have to change the name of the site to JRPG Watch if HiddenX doesn't stop posting all these articles about weaboo games. ;)

Blame the western devs - not much is going on RPG-wise in the western hemisphere :)

The story of the Utawarerumono Visual Novels is a bit silly - but the turn-based combat part is very interesting and challenging.

HiddenX, continue your great work sir, it is appreciated!! This one I'm not too sure about for me personally, hopefully it's more a combat game than novel. =)

/cheers!

No - I think the ratio Visual Novel story : Combat is 70:30 if it is similar to the other two games.

Utalwarre-Bumunu, this unpronounceabley named game looks promising on screenshot, but Alas! On video it looks horrible. Also threatens to mentally ruin you by pulling you into a nearby bush to do unnameable things to your mind!
Warning: mind-scrambling content!
Gameplay vid

Back
Top Bottom