BioWare - Facebook Friday - Patrick and Karin Weekes

Very interesting read actually. I enjoyed reading that, they seem to have very good chemistry. Also, the Red Dead Redemption story was hilarious.

By the way.. singing groups eh? Not a bad move by Patrick to be honest, too bad I'm horrible at singing or I might've done the same.

It really is a shame that Patrick Weekes doesn't post here anymore; posts from him were very much debated. Patrick's bosses probably does not want him to post here anymore.

Wait?

Isn't his wife the boss of him ;) - me trying to be funny, sorry ;) - but this is the case, isn't it. She gets to rewrite what Patrick writes.

On another note, this blog really ought to be forced reading (compulsory reading) for people who still think game devs. do nothing all day. Karen and Patrick's work schedule tells a different tale...

I remember Patrick calling out the head of the Dragonlance project on NWN when he [the DL guy] kept trying to answer for Bioware as if he worked there. That was a good laugh.

The only thing he had me scratching my head over was the idea that people bought any and everything Bio regardless of platform or even game style. He was really convinced of this (and I'm sure some people do). I think this spoke something of the culture of the company, almost like MS in a way.

So..why doesn't he come anymore? I can't believe its over the ads because he stopped long before EA had that policy.

Of course, people at Bioware think that everyone will buy their products ;) They're a business after all ;) .

I don't know why Patrick Weekes doesn't visit us anymore; probably because his bosses doesn't allow it. And maybe because he sometimes spoke out of line e.g. he said something about something, sometimes revealing too much information from an an going project.

Bioware may be a great company to work for. However, decisions seem to be made top-down i.e. the big bosses at Bioware decides that DA2 and ME2 should be made like this or that. And then the word goes out. And everyone has to toe the company line. This is very differenly how things are done in Denmark, for instance. In Denmark, the bosses would ask their employees questions on how to make the better, yes also the writers, and the design people...

Maybe he doesn't post here anymore because many people were unable do differenciate between the Patrick the gamer and Patrick the Bioware guy. Having to constantly defend the company you work for can become quite frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom