Shadowrun Returns - New Patch 1.0.2 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Shadowrun Returns has received a new patch on Steam.Here is the full list of changes.

New Features, Improvements

- SMG: Aimed Shot now uses 4 bullets, down from 6.
- SMG: Spray and Pray now uses 6 bullets, down from 8.
- SMG: the Beretta, Uzi, Colt, and HK are slightly more accurate.
- Shotgun: Kneecap now has a HP DMG penalty of -6, up from -3. It now has a -5% accuracy penalty, and a cooldown of 3.
- Shotgun: All shotguns have had their accuracy falloff increased slightly, lowering hit chance at long ranges.
- Rifle: Full Auto's accuracy penalty was not being applied properly at high skill levels. It should now always be 15% lower than a single shot's percentage to hit.
- Rifle: Smartlinked rifles were less accurate at very long ranges instead of more accurate. This has been resolved.
- Rifle: The FN HAR and HK G12 were very similar in every aspect except price. The FN HAR is now more accurate and holds more ammunition than the HK G12.
- Rifle: Ammo capacity of the HK G12, Colt M23, and Ares Alpha have been reduced to 32, 34, and 38 respectively.
- Rifle: The Colt M23's damage is now 15, down from 16. The Ares Alpha's damage is now 16, down from 18.
- Grenades: Reduced store prices of all grenades.
- Grenades: HE Phosphorus grenades were not showing up in the store. They should now be purchasable along with the other Tier 3 weapons.
- Cyberware purchase screen is now more user friendly.
- Vendors will now sell more things in various places throughout DMS campaign (such as more med-kits).
- Visual improvements to the summoning grid.
- General UI Improvements.
- Added additional debugging for finding walkable tiles in debug mode.
- Added messaging to alert user when last auto-save occurred.
- Black IC is now less lethal.
- Added an explanation of how Leylines work in the world of SR:R.
- Added a definition of SIN in glossary.

Bug Fixes

- Player can no longer sell a currently equipped outfit.
- Swapping outfits will now correctly give the correct enhancements.
- Player can now equip an outfit if they do not currently have one equipped.
- Drones will now retain their Rigging bonus between levels.
- Wired reflexes no longer dodge friendly effects.
- Spirit death from overwatch no longer causes occasional hardlock
- Reduced load times when loading new assets after version update.
- First time OSX play will start in windowed mode to work around a crash issue for some users.
- Move marker will now be visible over walls.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when transitioning characters one-by-one out of the scene and into the next.
- Fixed issue with equip screen item filtering.
- Fixed issue with installing upgraded cyberware on individual locations of a pair.
- Fixed issue with hiring screen adding incorrect selected runner.
- Fixed a slew of typos.
- Fixed cases in conversation where attribute or skill checks were applied incorrectly.
- Fixed character preview not showing 3D Character in some cases.
- Fixed bug where user could enter missions that require a decker without having any runners with a Cyberdeck.
- Fixed various issues with hiring Coyote.
- Work around some Steam Workshop upload timeout issues
- Editor: Changes to scene or story variables will refresh that variable in the scratchpad.
More information.

The game autosaves pretty frequently, basically after every small run. The bad thing, is that it overwrites each save as you go along, so you must manually copy the saves; but at least you can do that from inside the game.

Thats not quite right about the ovewrite . When you click to load a game, there is a REWIND option, when you select it...you then get all the previous save points as well. You can rewind to any save point in the game this way, they also ask you if you want to copy your current savepoint before doing so. I think this prevents it from being erased when you do rewind. I know I used it a few times =).

I finished the game on the hardest level as a shaman, I clocked in over 30 hours on steam (Although I was probably afk for 6-7 hours of that time...). I might try another playthrough, tho Im disapointed that they seem to be making the game easier from what I read on those patch notes. Also, did anyone else notice that the Double Tap skill for the rifle didn't seem to be working? I wonder if its due to the one I was using, or if it was a bug.

The game autosaves pretty frequently, basically after every small run. The bad thing, is that it overwrites each save as you go along, so you must manually copy the saves; but at least you can do that from inside the game.

Not true. You can rewind the game. There is an option but I cant remember where..
edit// too late.

Thats not quite right about the ovewrite . When you click to load a game, there is a REWIND option, when you select it…you then get all the previous save points as well. You can rewind to any save point in the game this way, they also ask you if you want to copy your current savepoint before doing so. I think this prevents it from being erased when you do rewind. I know I used it a few times =).

I finished the game on the hardest level as a shaman, I clocked in over 30 hours on steam (Although I was probably afk for 6-7 hours of that time…). I might try another playthrough, tho Im disapointed that they seem to be making the game easier from what I read on those patch notes. Also, did anyone else notice that the Double Tap skill for the rifle didn't seem to be working? I wonder if its due to the one I was using, or if it was a bug.
Why do you think they're making it easier? I actually thought they're making it harder from the notes. Bunch of weapons now do less damage or have less bullets.

I'm waiting for this one too.

If they don't fix this user made campaigns will be limited to how they build "levels". You essentially can't build big levels because the player will lose too much progress if they die. I think this is the biggest issue with SRR.

If they don't fix this user made campaigns will be limited to how they build "levels". You essentially can't build big levels because the player will lose too much progress if they die. I think this is the biggest issue with SRR.

I believe someone on the official forum has already demonstrated a work around to allow a save-anywhere system.

I believe someone on the official forum has already demonstrated a work around to allow a save-anywhere system.

Yeah, but it's messy as all hell because it requires a lot of extra triggers. It's understandable why HBS didn't try to go that route for Dead Man's Switch.

I did notice while playing one of the UGC "Lost Lamb" that the creator lets you move freely in and out of buildings (and the game autosaves every time you do so). Initially I wondered why HBS didn't do this in DMS, but I'm guessing this could lead to problems with triggers not firing / re-firing, etc. Lost Lamb is short and still a WIP so it's hard to tell how this would hold up in a longer campaign.

I played through the entire game without encountering a single bug, but maybe I was lucky. I did really enjoy it for its combat and story, but the campaign was a bit on the short side :). The auto saving did not become annoying until the latter third of the game, when the battles became more challenging.

The fact that we have to use a work around to save anytime we want is a bit ridiculous. Devs have to add that with a patch. I remember VtM: Redemption was released with an autosave system like this. But devs added that feature with a latest patch.

The fact that we have to use a work around to save anytime we want is a bit ridiculous. Devs have to add that with a patch. I remember VtM: Redemption was released with an autosave system like this. But devs added that feature with a latest patch.

Yeah. I have symapthy for the desire to play it simple and safe, but here (and in some other places) they went too far. I really hope they patch that.

Well if they make the weapons slightly less effective, that'll apply to both sides so it's a wash.

Back
Top Bottom