RPGWatch Feature: Most Anticipated for 2010 Results

Aaaaaah, You Europeans and your commas.

I think I.ll just switch things around so that they.ll make more sense, That way I can speak with the Eurozone and they.ll understand me perfectly,

;)

Pretty sure noone cares how the game looks like. It's how it plays that matters! And Age of Decadence seems to be a rare gem gameplay wise, even though my impressions are based on the combat demo only.

What's a Turd ?

turd.png

Pretty sure noone cares how the game looks like. It's how it plays that matters! And Age of Decadence seems to be a rare gem gameplay wise, even though my impressions are based on the combat demo only.

Ehm, I care what it looks like.

Oh, I love the editors even more. Drakensang: River of Time ranked #1 in Editors list. As a big fan of first one, I'm eagerly waiting for the prequel and if the whole game is as good as the demo is, it won't dissapoint me. :D

It kind of a depends. Some graphics still look great, like in Baldur's Gate, but even some newer games like System Shock 2 doesn't look that great anymore and it adds an "obstacle" to replay it. Even though the graphics aren't the big thing with RPG, they are still a nice bonus though that can make you forgive other aspects of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81iY1CsNVkk
But Age of Decadence doesn't look like a "turd" by no means and if you have a laptop, or one of those new netbooks, it would be nice to run the game on that like when you are visiting your inlaws. :p

One game that I've been waiting for a some time is Broken Hourglass. And here is somewhat new interview also: Andrzej Klimczuk Interview (google translated)

Last edited:
I guess I'm far easier to please graphics wise. I want my graphics to look sharp (high resolution), but I don't care about lightning quality, texture quality, ect… Gameplay is supreme for me in the end (and the story).

Must also be why I think that infinity-engine games still look absolutely gorgeous with the high resolution mod is installed. :x

I'm also a bit suprised that Drakensang was so far behind the others. Is there some specific grief about the first one here? Since it also didn't score too well on the GOTY poll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81iY1CsNVkk
But Age of Decadence doesn't look like a "turd" by no means and if you have a laptop, or one of those new netbooks, it would be nice to run the game on that like when you are visiting your inlaws. :p

Uhm, never got that far in the demo... but this fight - he's just standing still, shooting at the enemies, picking them off one by one? And it looks like he's getting new skill points *all* the time?? Is that really how it plays?

Sorry to say that none of these exactly have me foaming at the mouth :(
Looking forward to some of them, sure..but...

Uhm, never got that far in the demo… but this fight - he's just standing still, shooting at the enemies, picking them off one by one? And it looks like he's getting new skill points *all* the time?? Is that really how it plays?

Actually I doubt this is how the game will play. He is using a pretty weird build (all critical strike) and that fight is at the end of the demo/beta so he has been able to put a lot of points into CS. I have played around with all 3 versions of the demo/beta and this fight is a lot more interesting with a more standard build.

Bizarre results....did you have to be registered to vote?

Actually I doubt this is how the game will play. He is using a pretty weird build (all critical strike) and that fight is at the end of the demo/beta so he has been able to put a lot of points into CS. I have played around with all 3 versions of the demo/beta and this fight is a lot more interesting with a more standard build.

Exactly. Here is another fight with another build:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwNVXj3T770&feature=related

I definitely care about graphics. Heck, I've been taking screenshots (and now videos) for years now and I still flip through them from time to time. I did my time with Infocom, now give me my eye candy!

I can live with Age of Dec's graphics but it's going to have to have a great combat system AND a great story to pull me in.

I get the happiness with age of decadances combat system, however, it is just a recycled fallout combat engine...I want to see the rest of the game to see really how much is there.

Age of Decadence? The game looks a turd.

It's not gonna win any "best graphics" awards :) I see it as competing with the likes of Spiderweb games and Eschalon B1, though, and in that light I think its a step forward (graphically) in the "indie-tunbased-RPG-with-depth" niche.

Actually AOD combat looks very interesting, and reminds me of a sort fantasy Silent Storm. It looks more like a proper tactical RPG.

I'll be very interested how this does commercially since the style of RPG has not be fashionable for a very long time, going back to XCOM and Jagged Alliance type games.

It's not gonna win any "best graphics" awards :) I see it as competing with the likes of Spiderweb games and Eschalon B1, though, and in that light I think its a step forward (graphically) in the "indie-tunbased-RPG-with-depth" niche.
I look at it this way ... if it is good looking, folks will automatically it must be some dumbed down corporate crap ... and if it goes for hardcore RPG values folks will bash the other elements ... in other words, no good deed goes unpunished :D

I was wondering the same thing

It did very well with the editors ;)

my problem with Age of Decadence is that it's single character. I mean, if you're going to have turn based combat (which I like), it's almost a requirement to also have multiple characters. Single character turn based just doesn't cut it for me.

Back
Top Bottom