Pricewatch!

I was pretty disappointed recently when I purchased Neverwinter Nights Complete from GG and discovered that I couldn't download the individual games separately.

The 1C pack is an incredible deal, but I'm not sure if I'd ever play most of those titles. I already have Cryostasis and the King's Bounty games, and nothing else there really interest me. Cryostasis is total crap btw.

I played the demo for Pathologic a while back and couldn't understand what the game was about. It didn't help that it had the worse English I've ever seen in a game.
You can usually tell how the download will work by how things are bundled together. If it is a single entry containing everything (like the Neverwinter Nights bundle or Alien Shooter bundle), then it will have to be downloaded all at once, if it is a bundle of several separate entries (like the HoI collection, or the 1C collection), then it will all be separate downloads.
And shame about Cryostasis, I thought it looked promising.

Pathologic is very much an Ice pick lodge game. Much like The Void, the game is intentionally confusing (though I would guess the poor translation has more to do with their limited budget), and you are meant to figure out things on your own, at a relatively slow pace. Much like The Void, it is a niche game, targeting a rather narrow niche.

I did not mean to say that Planet Alcatraz or A Farewell to Dragons were utter junk, I just listed the games that I've heard at least a fare amount of good things about. There are a few other games in there that looks interesting, but which I know nothing about, and thus did not feel like I could mention on the list.

Atari has published 2 D&D packages containing every D&D game they have published within the last 10 or so years. Included are not only all BG parts, but also all IWD parts, PS:T, yes, even TOEE !
Price : Around 20 Euros.
The package containing the NWN games even kontains the "Kingmaker" package !

NWN Pack : http://www.amazon.de/Neverwinter-Ni..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1333994560&sr=1-1

D&D Pack : http://www.amazon.de/Dungeons-Drago..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1333994560&sr=1-2

Apart from the Oblivion Game Of The Year edition (German : "Spiel Des Jahres Edition"), there is now an additional edition available : The "Jubiläumsausgabe" (Anniversary Edition). Price : Around 20 Euros, too.
This is brand new, and it contains a map and a documentary DVD.
http://www.amazon.de/The-Elder-Scro...14RS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1333994824&sr=8-7

Be mine 2 has been released. Yes, it is another indie bundle. This one contains:
The baconing (Humorous hack & slash, similar to deathspank, I think)
Sol Survivor (Tower defense )
Plane Sight (Multiplayer action game)
Madballs in Babo: Invasion (some form of action game based on an old toy, apparently has great multiplayer)
Beat Hazard (Rhythm game meets arcade shooter)

Also, if you pay more than $10 you get Killing Floor (horror shooter) a comic book and a music album.

*edit*
Also, Gamer's Gate just added more games to the crazy 1C bundle. Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 is one of them. You also get the Mac version of King's bounty: The Legend & Armored Princess. In case anyone wants these mac versions, just give me a shout.

Last edited:
Also, Gamer's Gate just added more games to the crazy 1C bundle.

Damn you… that put me over the edge. I just purchased it. :)

Nothing to lose at that price. I've been kind of curious about NecroVision and the UFO series anyways. It also gives me King's Bounty: Crossworlds, which is the only KB game I haven't played.

Downloading NecroVision now...

Hmm, what is the RPGWatch consensus on the UFO game series? They sound interesting… Like JDR, NecroVision and Crossworlds KB expansion is tempting me…

Last edited:
The UFO games are pretty nice actually. It is easy to write them off as simple X-com clones when you first start, but I think it handles the bits where you don't know where the enemy is on the combat map a lot better than X-com (shuffling 11 soldiers forward in X-com for several turns was quite tedious). Also, the devs listened to peoples complains about the first game and fixed several of the minor issues that the game had in part 2 & 3. Overall, I think they are well worth their price.

And there are a lot of misc strategy games in the bundle that I've never heard about that look quite interesting.

Like I will live long enough to even think of playing these against my backdrop. SOLD!!! ;)

You mean we are supposed to PLAY all of these games we buy?!? I thought the object was just to revel in the great deals ...

Well I finally found a useful function for my iPhone 4S - being able to read my digitally downloaded game manuals at bedtime. It will be the end of my eyesight, though… ;)

I've now given away the two Mac versions of King's bounty, they are no longer up for grabs.

Luckily many of these games don't come with manuals (or at least not separate downloads for manuals), so your eyes should be relatively safe ;)

I've now given away the two Mac versions of King's bounty, they are no longer up for grabs.

Luckily many of these games don't come with manuals (or at least not separate downloads for manuals), so your eyes should be relatively safe ;)

Thanks to Fnord for the Mac copies!

As for manuals ... that is a job for an iPad! :)

Well that would be $450 well spent then, wouldn't it? ;) Heck, since sale games are almost free, they "pay for" the expense of getting an iPgad to read their digital manuals. :/

If someone's interested and waited for the lesser price, this weekend Steam offers Might and Magic Heroes 6 - 50% off. The offer is there till 16th of april and means that you can buy:
- regular version for 24,99€
- deluxe version for 27,49€

Deluxe version includes:
Soundtrack.
Artbook/Poster.
One month subscription on Heroes Kingdom.
1 Bonus Single Player Skirmish Map.
4 Dynasty Heroes : Aguirre, Sveltana, Yume and Kraal.
2 Dynasty Weapon : Staff of Cleansing and Staff of Asha’s Eightfold.

One thing, patch 1.3 planned to be out last week is not released yet. Official explanation? On the forum is stated this "it can't be released now as some network issues have been reported". Since we're talking about Ubisoft, no surprise there.

In any case if interested, do visit:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48220/

Nice! Freespace 1 and 2 is tempting me (as is Sacrifice).

Which Freespace is better 1 or 2?
I despised them all. I mean Descent series, Sacrifice was a great game back then.

Last edited:
All the Gothics are on sale on steam. Entire Bundle is $12.49. Probably not the best price ever for each. I know Arcania was $4.00 at christmas.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12075/

ArcaniA – Gothic 4
-75% $19.99
$4.99

ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif
-75% $14.99
$3.74

Gothic 1
No Individual
or Buy Gothic Universe Edition
Includes 3 items: Gothic® 3, Gothic II: Gold Edition, Gothic 1
$4.99