Risen 3 Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition?

https://steamdb.info/app/362990/history/

I didn't know it was coming for PC. I wonder if it will be more than a few graphical enhancements, though.

The game could use a serious balance pass, for one thing.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one. IIRC, Jenny Pankratz said that there would be no further balancing except for the 'Ultra' difficulty they added in the latest patch.
Also, the PS4 Enhanced Edition is only supposed to match the PC's graphics on ultra settings so the PC version will not get buffed up further.

My guess is that the PC EE will only include the DLC and some minor fixes at best. PB have their hands full with the PS4 version and ELEX. Deep Silver might have funded the PS4 port but why would they fund major PC enhancements to a discontinued franchise made by a developer they have cut loose? Exactly. It's extremely unlikely that the PC version will get any love.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one. IIRC, Jenny Pankratz said that there would be no further balancing except for the 'Ultra' difficulty they added in the latest patch.
Also, the PS4 Enhanced Edition is only supposed to match the PC's graphics on ultra settings so the PC version will not get buffed up further.

My guess is that the PC EE will only include the DLC and some minor fixes at best. PB have their hands full with the PS4 version and ELEX. Deep Silver might have funded the PS4 port but why would they fund major PC enhancements to a discontinued franchise made by a developer they have cut loose? Exactly. It's extremely unlikely that the PC version will get any love.

AFAIK, they've said that the PS4 version will have a few superior visual features, including textures or whatever it was.

But you're probably right, it's not a big deal.

That said, I don't think a serious balance pass necessarily represents a major PC enhancement. They might have wised up and done one for all platforms.

I guess that's wishful thinking, though.

That's ok, as I don't plan on replaying it for a while.

On the other hand, PS4 and PC certainly have a unified code base. It can't be much additional effort to recompile the the game again for PC with all changes integrated and make a couple of adjustments needed plus another QA pass.

Well, I've started playing. I presume this will show up about a week after I finish the game. ;)

PB confirmed that the PC version is 64bit only (!) and there will be some sort of update too. So far it's not confirmed whether the Enh. Ed. will cost money for Risen 3 owners. Deep Silver charged money from Metro customers, for example. 2 games, 20$ each, 50% discount if you already had the game. Prices sank quickly though, as expected.

So far it's not confirmed whether the Enh. Ed. will cost money for Risen 3 owners. Deep Silver charged money from Metro customers, for example. 2 games, 20$ each, 50% discount if you already had the game. Prices sank quickly though, as expected.

That would be a bummer. I grabbed R3 in the last Steam sale, so I sure hope they'll follow the latest trend set by all those KS projects and give us the enhanced edition for free. :p

Even if they charge money, the Metro example showed it was merely a measure to prolong the shelf live. Less than 12 months later the EEs were at less than 5€ a piece and 8€ for both.

Last edited:
I know, but it kind of bothers me to have 2 versions of the game on my virtual shelf. Call it OCD if you want (which it probably is).

Either way, August 21 is getting closer, so I guess we'll know soon. :p

Back
Top Bottom