What games are you playing now?

Just got going on Armello again, fun "digital board game" - with cards, dice, & animorphic creatures ='.'=
Very detailed game world, phenomenal artwork

It looks like this Mac can handle it, really chewed up and spat out the Surface that I tried running it on before.

This is what killed it for me too, @Pladio;. I got my money's worth out of it, but the story is bare-bones and the combat isn't interesting after a dozen hours or so.

I'm a bit further in and I think another good aspect is character development. It has what I enjoy in RPGs which is where you can't beat an opponent, you can just come back later (a bit stronger) and then beat them. Or where you can try using other techniques to beat enemies.

For example, I have very low trap skills, but I can still lay bear traps. So what I do is try and put a few down in stealth, then walk backwards, shoot at the enemy and watch them get stuck on the traps long enough for me to kill them.

I think what's going to end up killing this game for me is its length. I don't tend to play very long games as I find the next shiny new thing or just forget where I was after brief breaks sometimes. Also, the maps are hard to follow as they're all just tunnels :D

Sunk in a few more hours to Dragon's Dogma - not enjoying it at the moment. Too many monsters, wolves and bandits even if you follow the road, and they respawn so quick too - the fact I'm not used to control isn't helping either. Speaking of control, I hate the fact you have to press escape to access menu to look at the map, equipment etc... so bloody cluncky.

The respawn in Dragon's Dogma wasn't enjoyable for me, either. I tolerated it to advance quests and to see where the story would next go, but it's the main reason I don't see me ever replaying this game.

It's extremely grindy to finish all the quests. I tired out, levelling multiple pawns, etc before getting very far through the main quest. I would just focus on the main quest in the future.

Yesterday I started playing a game titled Doom and Destiny, a semi-silly rpg that transports a pen and paper group of folks into a fantasy setting, and hijinks ensue. The combat is quite similar to earlier Final Fantasy games, pretty basic yet tough and replete with options. I've put maybe four hours into it so far, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

It's extremely grindy to finish all the quests. I tired out, levelling multiple pawns, etc before getting very far through the main quest. I would just focus on the main quest in the future.
How do you level multiple pawns?? You only get the one. You mean the other players' pawns??

I definitely would not just focus on the main quest. There's good stuff in there!

I don't recall actual specifics, it's been a while since I played the game, but I'd agree on doing some of the side quests. It will lead to one of the games great strengths, and that's doing some serious exploring. Some of the quests give some pretty decent rewards as well.

I think Dragon's Dogma is decent, but if you don't enjoy the combat, it's not the game for you. You spend most of your time fighting things, and that's really the focal point of the game.

Dragon's Dogma is one of the most overrated garbage products ever.
I have no idea who persuaded @purpleblob; into buying it.
Wasn't me, I've posted quite a few times that the game suffers from excessive grind. In fact I cannot remember any other game with respawns so annoying as in this one. Even the horrendous The Last Remnant isn't as annoying as DD.

If any developer needs to see how *not* to design a game, look no further.

I also thought DD was decent, I wasn't able too finish as I ran out of steam around the 95 hour mark. Late game monsters with there multiple health bars just took to long to hack to death and I got bored.

Right now I'm playing Madden 20, It's the best the games played in years but it still can't hold a candle to NFL 2k5. EA having exclusive rights to NFL players has really stunted any growth in the franchise with no competition.

Right now I'm playing ACO, D:OS 2 and am going to probably fire up elex today. Which means I'm really not properly playing any of them , but I can't seem to settle on 1 game ATM.

Dragon's Dogma is one of the most overrated garbage products ever.
I have no idea who persuaded @purpleblob; into buying it.
Wasn't me, I've posted quite a few times that the game suffers from excessive grind. In fact I cannot remember any other game with respawns so annoying as in this one. Even the horrendous The Last Remnant isn't as annoying as DD.

If any developer needs to see how *not* to design a game, look no further.

My husband is the one who recommended this game to me and asking me to keep going :lol:

I'm seriously on the verge on quitting, I'm just not having fun, even the combat - the only weapon I like is bow. I'm just hanging on a little longer for 2 reasons - 1. Hubby encouraging me to continue (he usually have very good taste in games) 2. I restarted 3 times to create the pretty character I'm playing now :lol:

I got through the entire game, but by the end it felt more of a chore than anything else. If you're not having fun with it, perhaps take a break and try something else for bit. Don't delete it, and see if you feel the urge to go back in a few days. If not, you're likely done with it.

I'm still playing kingmaker but very slow pace; but i also started sunless sea - no clue what I'm doing - i keep running out of money which leads to starvation so I'm good at starving. Now if only i was good at money.

I got as far as that pit that is the end game (i didn't go down because i read that was the end and i wasn't sure if i wanted to end or not); i liked a lot of the game there were specific parts that were extremely rewarding - like jumping onto a dragon only to have it take off and not know what to do (dropping from a really high dragon isn't smart). There were also some really well done mazes (inside dungeons) and side quests but a lot of the game is kind of also bleh.

I got through the entire game, but by the end it felt more of a chore than anything else. If you're not having fun with it, perhaps take a break and try something else for bit. Don't delete it, and see if you feel the urge to go back in a few days. If not, you're likely done with it.

Can you give me a few examples? Because I'm really having difficulty enjoying this.
Oh jeesh, that was 3 years back! Let's see... Madeleine constantly hitting me up for cash was funny. ("I am so very much in love with you at this moment." So she says. AFTER you cough up 1000 gold.) But it's mostly about quests that lead to interesting battles. The two-part fight against the Griffon and the big fight against the (real?) hydra were great.

I could not get past few hours with Dragon's Dogma: respawning enemies, paper thin characters, button mashing combat, lifeless world. I could easily sink tens of fun hours even in Two Worlds, but Dragon's Dogma - I just can't.

Technomancer and its keeping me up late every night. I went in with very low expectations which maybe helped as it is so much better than I expected. Really enjoying it and keeping wanting more of the story and adventure. A good game to fill the time while I wait for the new PC and start modding work again for FO and Skyrim.

Technomancer and its keeping me up late every night. I went in with very low expectations which maybe helped as it is so much better than I expected. Really enjoying it and keeping wanting more of the story and adventure. A good game to fill the time while I wait for the new PC and start modding work again for FO and Skyrim.

Since you're enjoying Technomancer this much, you might also want to check out Mars: War Logs at some point.

Back
Top Bottom