Monster Hunter: World - Released

Technically, no games has been approved in China for release since last March, because they switched game regulation to the propaganda arm of the communist party (along movie regulation).

It seems that Tencent got MH:W approved *cough*paid bribes*cough*, but the government cancelled the approval 4 days after it was released because there is something in it they didn't like. Probably someone made a joke comparing Xi to something in the game…that's why Winnie the Pooh was banned in China.

China blocked Reddit a few days ago and the BBC website last month too, more will probably follow.

With everything China is censoring; i'm amazed they haven't censored the censors yet...

Technically, no games has been approved in China for release since last March, because they switched game regulation to the propaganda arm of the communist party (along movie regulation).

It seems that Tencent got MH:W approved *cough*paid bribes*cough*, but the government cancelled the approval 4 days after it was released because there is something in it they didn't like. Probably someone made a joke comparing Xi to something in the game…that's why Winnie the Pooh was banned in China.

China blocked Reddit a few days ago and the BBC website last month too, more will probably follow.

Weird, wonder why the Chinese government is being so tough on gaming regulations. They might want to direct some of that ire at the Trump administration and some of the new tariffs aimed at them.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, but then again I adore the series and dedicated a heavy amount of time to it on PS4.

Current specs are:

Win 10
i7 5820k
Zotac Amp Extreme GTX 980 Ti
32 GB ADATA RAM
Samsung Evo 860 SSD

So far it runs well on my machine. I believe the current Nvidia driver suffers from a major hitching problem where anyone that uses electric type weapons will have their game freeze for a tenth of a second or so. As you can imagine, bow users fire a lot of electric arrows, so this is very frequent. I've heard rolling back to the previous driver resolves this issue, however.

Additionally, the game does not utilize higher resolution settings as it should (water reflections are currently bugged), and sometimes causes corrupt saves upon completion of the game.

Aside from that, it's a great port. However, it is certainly not perfect.

Are you playing with controller or kb/m ?

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, but then again I adore the series and dedicated a heavy amount of time to it on PS4.

Current specs are:

Win 10
i7 5820k
Zotac Amp Extreme GTX 980 Ti
32 GB ADATA RAM
Samsung Evo 860 SSD

So far it runs well on my machine. I believe the current Nvidia driver suffers from a major hitching problem where anyone that uses electric type weapons will have their game freeze for a tenth of a second or so. As you can imagine, bow users fire a lot of electric arrows, so this is very frequent. I've heard rolling back to the previous driver resolves this issue, however.

Additionally, the game does not utilize higher resolution settings as it should (water reflections are currently bugged), and sometimes causes corrupt saves upon completion of the game.

Aside from that, it's a great port. However, it is certainly not perfect.

@you; they technically did censor the censors, they closed down the agency in charge of doing the censoring to give it to people working directly for the ruling party.

Weird, wonder why the Chinese government is being so tough on gaming regulations. They might want to direct some of that ire at the Trump administration and some of the new tariffs aimed at them.

Read this (finally English sources for it, months late though).

I say meh who cares as I'm not interested in playing Monster Hunter.

Also for now it's an exclusive console only free update.

Last edited:
That's pretty interesting. Geralt was supposed to retire in Toussaint, now they're putting him back'n'forth in weeboo games. :p

What?! No!
Otaku games! :p

main-qimg-3bbc7396e428275d5ad0554f6689ef7f-c

Back
Top Bottom