Pricewatch!

The latest indie royale bundle has finally been released. We who pre-ordered it got a chiptune album. The bundle contains 3 CRPGs, namelun:
Runespell
Cthulhu saves the world
Breath of death VII
The other games in the bundle are:
Really big sky & Eufloria

If you have not played Aquaria, make sure to beat the minimum. Aquaria is one of the best indie games that I have ever played.

I recently played a bit of Aquaria, and I must agree the game is phenomenal. Might have the best atmosphere I've seen in an indie game, despite the oldish 2D engine. It reminds me of some of the classics from the SNES era.

If you enjoyed Aquaria, have you tried Cave story? The game is free, and it has a really good fan translation. You can also buy the "plus" version, with improved visuals & sound plus some extra content, on steam.

Dungeons of Dredmor has been added to the humble bundle.

The irony is that someone here in Germany has erected a label called "Play Indie" and sells older, non-Indie games on CD-ROM with that. Like the Realms Of Arcania series.

That's how it looks like : http://www.amazon.de/Das-schwarze-Auge-Nordlandtrilogie-Indie/dp/B005I0HS5C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8

If you do a www.amazon.de search with the term "play indie", you'll find some more - including titles of which I have never heard before.http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_300992_ln?rh=n:300992,k:play+indie&keywords=play+indie&ie=UTF8

Anyone have an opinion on GCII? I've eyed it several times in the past, but I've never played it or the first GC.

I consider GC2 to be a great turn-based strategy game that is thoroughly engrossing. It has an impressively deep research/technology tree, and when combined with the ability to completely customize your own fleet of ships (military or otherwise), it makes for an addicting campaign with a satisfying sense of progression. Re-playability is high as well, due to the fact that no two races function the exact same way. If you enjoy TBS, I would definitely recommend GC2. But be warned - it is possible to lose many hours of sleep to this game (which tends to happen with "just one more turn" strategy games ;))

Thanks for the opinion, Nerevarine. Would it be beneficial to play GC1 first? Was it nearly as good as 2?

You know, it's been so long since I played GC1 that I don't remember if it's necessary to play the first or not... I assume you are referring to the story campaign? If so, I barely remember the campaign from the first game; I tend to use the story missions as a way to learn the mechanics and then spend most of my time (ok,an absurd amount of time) in the sandbox "grand campaign" mode.

As far as quality goes, they are both great games and you can't go wrong either way, but I would personally say that 2 is better, mainly because there are some improvements and subtle additions that make GC2 better than the first. You know...back when developers actually tried to make sequels better than the previous game, instead of worse ;).

Shipping to Europe is very expensive but not so for US collectors

That's a shame, imho. There are several things I believe I'll get only on Ebay U.S. ...
But on the other hand I still don't have any online payment methods, too ...

Drakensang Compete on Gamersgate for $14.98.

(Contains, Drakesang: TDE, Drakensang:TRoT, and Phileasson's Secret.)
The publisher of River of time really thought this through... Here in Sweden they sell the expansion, but not the core game. I wonder how many copies of Phileasson's Secret they have managed to sell to Swedish customers ;)

Forwardeed it into the official forums ... This is just too funny, imho ... ;)

Risen is a $5.99 direct download deal on Amazon this week.

Also there is a "buy one, get one at 50% off" sale on Amazon but it is for console games only. Might be some RPGs in there of interest (Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dark Souls, etc).

The Witcher 2 is also available for 23.95$ at GOG including TW1, which I am installing right now.

I think this newsworthy because according to the GOG news page this will be the best price for it throughout the whole holiday season (at least on GOG, but judging by the fact that TW2's price has been equal on all DD platforms so far, I doubt Steam will have a better deal).

Back
Top Bottom