Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire Special

Watched like 20-30 seconds of this Mountain of Boredom at ~5:46 and my last year prediction still stands:
- This game will FLOP!

By which measure?

The environment and vehicles look fantastic. The character models could look better though imo. Voice acting is a mixed bag.

The scene starting at 8:05... is that Fredo Corleone in drag? :)

Looks pretty cool! Can't wait to just walk around and explore the city. And I still hope there is an option to deactivate the damage floaties.

Looks fan fucking tastic. Looking forward to it.
I'll be interested to see how much stuff is retained from the PnP game. Probably not as much as I hoped, but even if I'm bound to be disappointed on that front, this still looks like it's going to be a darn good cyberpunk CRPG shooter hybrid thingy.

And I still hope there is an option to deactivate the damage floaties.

Indeed, they give me the MMO feeling. I believe it will be possible. We can't be exceptions thinking this.

Not that this is important or I care too much: I was slightly surprised by how Johnny's character model looks like a doll and the mouth does not seem to follow the speech. Also, the voice acting felt a bit off. Anyway, it will be the entire experience that affects me while playing. Will likely not pay attention to such details if the experience is good.

The environment and vehicles look fantastic. The character models could look better though imo. Voice acting is a mixed bag.
Oh, I assumed this is because it's running on a console? I hoped it will look better on PC.

The scene starting at 8:05… is that Fredo Corleone in drag? :)
This guy (?) is so absolutely awful. I love it.

Finally some proper gameplay and not these action packed stuff that they showed previously:
I'm starting to look forward playing this game. :)

Finally some proper gameplay and not these action packed stuff that they showed previously:
They showed many game-play demos already from past game shows.
Looks fan fucking tastic. Looking forward to it.
I'll be interested to see how much stuff is retained from the PnP game. Probably not as much as I hoped, but even if I'm bound to be disappointed on that front, this still looks like it's going to be a darn good cyberpunk CRPG shooter hybrid thingy.
Probably not many PnP mechanics as the game is not TB or D&D.

It's definitely a shooter hybrid.

Last edited:
Oh, I assumed this is because it's running on a console? I hoped it will look better on PC.

This guy (?) is so absolutely awful. I love it.

I don't think you will see a huge difference from running on one of the new consoles and on a pc unless you truly have a monster PC....

Mercy thinking this will flop... hahahhaa

Looks pretty good to me. The faces are a bit odd - some look fine, but others quite dodgy. I wonder if there might be some some kind of dynamic quality reduction going on in more complex areas.

I don't think you will see a huge difference from running on one of the new consoles and on a pc unless you truly have a monster PC….
Oh. :(
I apparently have no idea of the new consoles' performance capabilities.

Looks pretty good to me. The faces are a bit odd - some look fine, but others quite dodgy.
Yep, I was talking about the faces also, especially animation. Animation partly looks "wooden". (Do you say that in English? In German this term would describe my impression best.)
It sometimes seems like only a part of the face is animated while the rest is static.

Yep, I was talking about the faces also, especially animation. Animation partly looks "wooden". (Do you say that in English? In German this term would describe my impression best.)
It sometimes seems like only a part of the face is animated while the rest is static.

Yes, we'd say wooden just the same way.

Yeah, it's a curious effect. It seems puzzling to me that they would have poor face tech or models, given the resources put into everything else. There's an odd look to some of them, that makes me wonder if their polygons have been reduced to a simpler form, or something like that.

Oh. :(
I apparently have no idea of the new consoles' performance capabilities.

Just think high end pc for those....on that, note this hasn't been upgraded for those.

Indeed, they give me the MMO feeling. I believe it will be possible. We can't be exceptions thinking this.

Not that this is important or I care too much: I was slightly surprised by how Johnny's character model looks like a doll and the mouth does not seem to follow the speech. Also, the voice acting felt a bit off. Anyway, it will be the entire experience that affects me while playing. Will likely not pay attention to such details if the experience is good.
I recently watched a video that had replies from CDPR workers about some of the systems having to be rushed as they weren't ready. The crunch work has paid off.

Cyberpunk 2077 Could Be Delayed AGAIN? CD Projekt Red DENIES Rumor

I have no doubt I'll enjoy the game but it looks to have had a troubled development.

Back
Top Bottom