The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

There's Chicago on a Saturday, but probably still a long drive.
Yeah, I could just about throw a baseball to Kentucky so I'm screwed either way. Casa Del DTE is about 5 hours from the nearest edge of Chicago. Didn't check the venue, but I kinda doubt Hatchie would be playing South Side. ;)

edit- actually, check the dates. The Chicago show is on a Thursday. Somehow they tried to put Saturday between Wednesday and Friday. Firetruck.

Mgla is my new drug
Exercises in Futility is the dosage, great album. All the machine gun drum-fire of black metal, without the shrieky vocals and tired satanic lyrical content

Last edited:
Good stuff as usual Thrasher. I was a little concerned at the beginning, but it resolved into a really nice pop tune. Very listenable.

Just stumbled on something completely randomly. Was getting a dose of Sleep Still ("Headrush", highly recommended) and Youboob threw up "Sleep" by Second Still as next up. I didn't stop it quickly enough and all of a sudden, I was like, "What's this?"
Looks like the bands might share a label or something. Anyway, very strong tastes of later Siouxie, both in the vocals and in the instruments. The other tracks on the album seem a little more "garage" but I generally favor good production values.
"Sleep" by Second Still

Luca's Rhapsody now has more original members than Rhapsody of Fire does…

… although I much prefer Alessandro Conti.

Last edited:
Tallah

New band that has only been at it just over a year. They are my new fav. band in a few years. If you like bands like Vein, code orange,etc.

Last edited:
Indie folk is apparently a musical category. Love this rather proggy vocal and acoustic workout, self-described as "baroque harmonic pop".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom