Greedfall - Game will be 30-45 hours

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GamePressure reports on an Escapist interview about Greedfall where the game length was discovered and the number of endings.

There is no shortage of RPG fans in the world. Not everyone, however, is a fan of very long games. Some people may be discouraged by the fact that they will have to spend more than 100 hours on a title before they see the ending. Fortunately for such people, GreedFall will not be this type of production. As Jehanne Rousseau, president of Spiders studio, said in her interview for The Escapist magazine, it will take about 30 hours to complete the upcoming work of the Parisian team, if someone wants to finish only the main storyline, or 45 hours if the player tries to complete all the side tasks.

[...]
More information.

As long as it's 40+ (and I'm the sidequests competionist type), I'm good.
Anything less would be meh. :)

The number of endings doesn't really interest me, it's the quality I'm after. If we'll see completely different outcomes for MC as in TW3 and not red-green-blue ME3, it's great.

Last edited:
I think around 40 hours is good for this sort of game. Leave me wanting more, instead of boring me before the finale.

I think 40 hour is tad bit short... especially for its price tag... oh well

If Greedfall is anything like Technomancer, 45 hours is a lot. Their games are quite linear, so the hours spent are more similar to older BioWare games (Jade Empire, KotOR and Mass Effect) than open world games.

Technomancer was definitely not 45 hours, or anywhere near it. Probably 20.

20 maybe for you, it took me 33 hours to complete. ;)

I think 40 hour is tad bit short... especially for its price tag... oh well
Yep, my rule of thumb is 1 hour for 1 €. So this one's a bit too short for 50 €.

It was 37 hours for me.

Will probably take me nearer 50 hrs, but still disappointingly short.

You all must have much more time on your hands than me, 40 hours sounds about perfect. A 40 hour game usually takes me 60-80 hours anyway.

I usually don’t finish the 100+ hour games anyways. As I feel I experience almost everything the game has to offer in the first 30-40 hours then spend the rest of the time repeating these things until I get to the end.

I love 40 hour games. They are the right amount of time. Less than 30 hours is too short and over 60 is too much if the game is not AWESOME. Only Baldur's Gate, The Witcher 3 and other games got me hooked for over 80 hours.

I just picked up my first spiders game, bound by flame. It grew on me the more I played it. It was linear, but I liked it. Took me about 30 hours. Will probably pick up technomancer and GreedFall eventually. I wish Spider’s games would release in gog.

I think optimum size for RPGs are around 40-50 hours. On top of that it slowly becomes repetitive for most game.

Sounds like a decently large game though I don't really care if it's one hour or five hundred as long as I enjoy them.

If Greedfall is anything like Technomancer, 45 hours is a lot. Their games are quite linear, so the hours spent are more similar to older BioWare games (Jade Empire, KotOR and Mass Effect) than open world games.

I get your point of view but like Morrandir, I usually expect 1 hour for $1-$1.5 AUD. Greedfall cost $70 AUD, so 30-45 hours is tad bit short for my liking.

Obviously I am strange, because the "short" length is super okay for me. Could be even shorter. Quality > quantity anytime.

Back
Top Bottom