Kingmaker - Tavern Party Trailer

Agreed. The dialogue in the trailer reminds me of a rather trite Young Adult fantasy novel. But, the snippets of combat in the trailer looked OK.

Let's just hope the in-game dialogue is better than this

Perfect assessment. And its like every fantasy I read. The voices are off too.

Thanks for sharing news, Couch! :) I can't wait till 25th Sept... I'm thinking of taking a few days off to enjoy this gem.

Year after year, September has the releases I'm always looking most forward to. No wonder Autumn is my favorite time of year.

I'm miffed they only included 5 Prestige Classes or so :(

I wanted to remake my Shadowdancer-based Rogue in this one. Oh well, maybe they'll add it later on.

Also, while I have some superficial knowledge of Pathfinder - it's clearly more than just a refined 3.5 - as I've been led to believe. Certainly, the subclasses thing seems significant.

I wonder how much diversity they will bring.

Game still looks good, though I'm not entirely sold on it.

I may play it if I can purchase someones kickstarter key for $15.

No one is that desperate to hear your opinion on it.

Hey PB.

What's your take on the Archetypes? Are they significantly different from one another?

I thought it was a minor thing in Pathfinder - mostly for added flavor, but I see they've added a bunch of prestige-class related feats to some of them. For instance, it seems Hide in Plain Sight is part of an Archetype in this ruleset.

Makes me think there's more depth in it than in 3.5.

Sorry Dart, I don't think I'm the best person to answer that question - I actually never played around with any of them, been sticking to the plain boring generic/default classes. From my shallow understanding, yes, each archetype can be significantly different. I will jump on the game tomorrow and will take some screenshots for you with different archetype character sheet.

Also, here is the post of Kingmaker information some kind soul has been updating regularly. It's got the list of available archetypes and prestige classes as well.

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?19-Information-known-about-the-game-so-far

Sorry Dart, I don't think I'm the best person to answer that question - I actually never played around with any of them, been sticking to the plain boring generic/default classes. From my shallow understanding, yes, each archetypes can be significantly different. I will jump on the game tomorrow and will take some screenshots for you of some of the archetypes.

Also, here is the post of Kingmaker information some kind soul has been updating regularly. It's got the list of available archetypes and prestige classes as well.

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?19-Information-known-about-the-game-so-far

Ok, no worries :)

I was under the impression that the Pathfinder ruleset was very close to 3.5 - and it was more a thing about setting/characters.

Guess I was wrong.

Intriguing ;) It makes me more interested in the game, certainly.

Hey PB.

What's your take on the Archetypes? Are they significantly different from one another?

I thought it was a minor thing in Pathfinder - mostly for added flavor, but I see they've added a bunch of prestige-class related feats to some of them. For instance, it seems Hide in Plain Sight is part of an Archetype in this ruleset.

Makes me think there's more depth in it than in 3.5.
They are similar to alternate classes in BG2. They are based on base class but get noticeable negatives and positives compared to them.

No one is that desperate to hear your opinion on it.

Touche. Sometimes to give someone a message, you can only go with good uppercut.

fzSIO6o.gif

(just pretend purbleblob is Tyson here and Silver Coin is the other guy :blush:)

Gotta give Silver Coin a point for that comeback.

SC is almost famous in the real world. He is Harlan Ellison's lesser known brother, Howlin. He couldn't write well so he dictated the book, I have no brain so I must scream. Alas, it didn't sell well so he posts on the forums now. :biggrin:

@Darth Tagnan;

As promised, here are screenshot of different archetypes - I used Bard as an example. It seems like class progression is rather different depending on which archetypes you pick.

hcwIklQ.jpg

In3wDxB.jpg

n8BWG52.jpg

wd7M3cG.jpg

Damn, since you can't really zoom into these, here is the link to the album:
https://imgur.com/a/ycH0uXE

I want to play it now. NOW.

I guess I'll need at least 20 hours for building and planning the main character.

Back
Top Bottom