Alpha Protocol - Short Delay?

Oh dear. Well, that leaves Risen all alone in early October, doesn't it? Rats. I was hoping to do Alpha first and let Risen get some patches before I played.

P.S. IGN has also moved to date to October 27.

Oh well ... I actually am fine with the spread of games ... just hope it all works out.

Oh dear. Well, that leaves Risen all alone in early October, doesn't it? Rats. I was hoping to do Alpha first and let Risen get some patches before I played.

P.S. IGN has also moved to date to October 27.

Alpha Protocol might need the patches ;-)

The good thing about Risen being on time, is that it's the one I'm looking forward to the most :)

Indeed, as long as Risen is out in time, I'll be occupied untill DA:O/AP/Div2/etc are out, even if they get pushed back a bit.

Delayed due to bugs maybe. I remember reading a report of this being a bug ridden game. Maybe it was here.

Good! If they test a little bit before release it might even already be *Beta Protocol*!

The latest PC Gamer mag out in the US had it slated for October, and they also made a point that 6000 bugs had been fixed during development.
That's.... a really strange statistic.

Bug #1: There is no exe to run.
Developer response a couple of years later: Fixed - wrote a game.

Yeah yeah, I know, they probably just counted the number of bugs logged in their change tracking system, but it's still a weird statistic.

6000 bugs is not an unusual number. We have several thousand logged into our U6P bug tracker and we're working with an established engine and resources.

Yeah but what does it mean? Does it mean they had a really great QA cycle where every bug you could possibly run into was fixed? Does it mean they had a really awful development cycle and produced exceptionally awful code? Does it mean they were trying to maximize the number of bugs? (Hey look, that paragraph is in all caps! Write up a bug for each letter that's wrong!) I have no idea.

I guess we'll know in a month.

Yeah but what does it mean? Does it mean they had a really great QA cycle where every bug you could possibly run into was fixed? Does it mean they had a really awful development cycle and produced exceptionally awful code? Does it mean they were trying to maximize the number of bugs? .

It means that most of us will be playing Risen first. ;)

Am I the only one who thinks Risen have all the potential in the world to be buggier than Alpha Protocol?

Am I the only one who thinks Risen have all the potential in the world to be buggier than Alpha Protocol?

Well, most games have that potential.

However, very VERY few games have the potential to be as good as Risen - and in my opinion a lot of games have the potential to be as good as Alpha Protocol seems to be.

I'm pretty much the opposite, at least regarding Risen. I'm not *crazy* about AP (not a fan of action-RPGs in general), but I'm quite a lot more interested in that vs any other games coming out soon.

I'm pretty much the opposite, at least regarding Risen. I'm not *crazy* about AP (not a fan of action-RPGs in general), but I'm quite a lot more interested in that vs any other games coming out soon.

Such is a way in which we can all differ ;)

Back
Top Bottom