West of Loathing - Best Comedy Game 2017 @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
For PC Gamer West of Loathing is the best comedy game of 2017:

Best Comedy Game 2017: West of Loathing

This stick figure western is a rare, genuinely funny game.

Our Best Comedy Game 2017 is West of Loathing, as voted for by the PC Gamer global team. Below, the writers who enjoyed it this year share their thoughts. Check out the rest of our GOTY awards and personal picks.
[...]
Jody Macgregor: West of Loathing is such a well-written game, and those are so rare, that it's easy to underestimate how funny its stick figure wild west can look. Dynamite Dan is surrounded by craters and covered in soot, but has a huge grin on his smiley-button face. My crazy horse, named Crazy Horse, has ridiculous googly eyes, and having unlocked the Stupid Walking skill I get around by doing the worm, imitating John Cleese, and dragging my butt like a dog. There are dopey gags squeezed into the RPG systems too—my Beanslinger has a collection of campfire cookout abilities like setting enemies on fire or summoning a Bean Golem to be my friend, and every now and then I get a powerful, and powerfully dumb-looking, new hat. Other games throw in some funny banter, West of Loathing is a riot from top to bottom.
[...]
More information.

I tried this game (between jobs), and found the humor much more to my liking than most "humorous" games. It was well done, for what it was.

I didn't play West of Loathing for very long (ended up having to return it because the black/white contrast was eventually very hurtful to my eyes), but during the time I spent with it, I definitely had fun. And the humor is definitely my style.

I didn't play West of Loathing for very long (ended up having to return it because the black/white contrast was eventually very hurtful to my eyes), but during the time I spent with it, I definitely had fun. And the humor is definitely my style.

I'd have to pull it out again but I believe you can change it to Sepia in game.

Oh, is that a possibility now? It wasn't when it initially launched, but if they've added that as a feature, I'd certainly look into it again.

I think its a skill you pick up but you can get it really early. Kind of like Stupid Walks.

Back
Top Bottom