Graywalkers - Nearly ready for Early Access

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Project Indie reports that the tactical RPG Graywalkers: Purgatory will be released as Early Access game, soon:

Walk the Line Between Darkness and Light in Graywalkers: Purgatory

It has been a long journey for Graywalkers: Purgatory by indie developers Dreamlords Digital. Since its successful Kickstarter campaign back in 2014, the developers have been improving and honing all aspects of the game and it is now nearly ready to launch into Early Access on Steam. The developers define the Graywalkers: Purgatory as an emergent, strategic, and tactical turn-based role-playing game set in a stylish supernatural post-apocalyptic world and it is set to be the first in a series of games. It has been inspired by tactical games such as X-COM, strategic elements of Jagged Alliance and RPG elements of games such as Fallout and Wasteland.

[...]
More information.

I thought this game had been canceled. Good for them. I hope the game is successful.

They send regular updates. What concerns me is if this is shortly entering early access, it may still be a while before it is actually released. But, at least it does appear that it will exist, at some point.

...and it is set to be the first in a series of games
I wish them the best, but claiming your RPG is going to be first in a series is ridiculously optimistic. I would be skeptical of a claim like that even if it came from Bethesda or Obsidian.

As I understand it, the majority of them is located in the Philippines and I guess that costs are rather on the low end then.
In addition they are also making some money by other projects according to their web page (contract works).

Considering they are still around, even though the first Greywalker Kickstarter failed and the second was in 2014 already and only made 47.305 $, they are either deeply in dept, or extremely efficient.

I hope it's the latter. And if that's right, a reasonable success should earn them enough for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom