Pricewatch!

On steam now Disgaea for the computer is more than half off usual price, making it about seven bucks. One of the few games that I've put well over one hundred hours in, and pure enjoyment every moment, if you enjoy hard, tactical games.

Wow, lots of games grey'ed out in that Square sale because I already have them. They've really been getting my money. Some random musings…

NieR:Automata: well worth playing, though you'll need to get the Special K treatment to make up for a sad port. Actually, there's quite a few weak things about this game but, at the end of the day, it really is fun.

Tomb Raiders… the Enix part of Square/Enix. The early games are more puzzle/platformer games where you find your way through big rooms with a few bats & bears to shoot at for a change of pace. (Tomb Raider Anniversary is just Tomb Raider 1 done with better graphics and somewhat different controls - I would definitely play it over the original.) The new Tomb Raider games switch the forumla around with tons more shooting and very little puzzle. Both are fun but in quite different ways.

Deux Ex: If you haven't played the original yet, you need to. Big time. Great action, great story, great selection of skills to learn… fun stuff despite the old graphics.

Just Cause: Hehee, BOOOM!!! Hehehehehe BBAAA BOOOM!!! hehehehehe All sorts of fun action with just a dash of story to hold it together. JC2 is only $3 so try that one first. Get JC3 if you enjoy 2.

Final Fantasies: Despite the PS1 graphics, I still think 7 is the best because the story is so well done. 10 is pretty good despite the weak love story and the HD really helps. 9 was OK. 12 was grindy for me but it sounds like they improved that a lot with the "Zodiac Age" remake - pity it costs $50.

The Last Remnant is one where you'll either love or hate the combat system. I loved it and played the game through three times! The story is nothing much but the turn based, general-orders-not-specifics combat system isn't like any other I've run into. You can also miss a lot if you don't chat with folks, too - don't let the main quest lead you by the nose.

Anachronox: I liked this a lot at first and there's plenty of fun humor but it got fairly boring to me once I got off the first planet. A lot of other folks really loved it, though, and even just the first planet is well worth the $1 they are asking.

I remember playing Tomb Raider for the play station back in the nineties, fighting dinosaurs, wolves and such, back when I was way more tolerant of action-y stuff. Was great then, but I doubt I'd enjoy it much these days. Excellent memories though, was a great game to get ladies interested in gaming as well, as not too many protagonists were of the female variety then.

I hear good things about the Last Remnant, but have not tried it myself, might have to do that sometime.

I played TR1 via dosbox and keyboard a few years ago. Have since played Anniversary and Legend in the last year or so. Whilst the originals are very dated and clunky I'd definitely recommend those last two as part of the series reboot trilogy. Graphics and controls are fine and tbh I like the puzzles over solving everything with a gun. For less than a buck each what's not to like.

Re the Steam sale, I think I picked up a Square/Enix bundle a few years ago, have most the titles already. Am intrigued by the Life in Strange series… Anyone have any insights? Same for the Turing Test. Thanks.

Am intrigued by the Life in Strange series… Anyone have any insights?

I found it to be a pretty good adventure game, well the the Complete season (episode 1 to 5). I haven't tried Before the Storm (which is a prequel that shows certain things mentioned in the first game, aka full on spoilers).

Does choices&consequence better than most RPGs that claims to have that, but keep in mind that you play a nerdy teenage girl, so it might not be for everyone.

Only illiterate people can hate LiS.
The story is it's biggest strength. If you're looking for gameplay only, go buy some grinder with no story instead. DS or it's clones would do nice.
Just keep in mind it's not RPG but an adventure with fresh take on the genre.
For all I remember episode 1 is free so you can kick in, if you like it, buy the whole game.
Me? At first I thought it's overrated and then I just couldn't stop playing it just to see what happens next.

Didn't buy the prequel nor ever will. Not that I expect a bad game, it's just I don't want to know what was before the time "chaos". Sequel, sure, I'm buying when it gets done.

What game are you talking about?
Only illiterate people can hate LiS.
The story is it's biggest strength. If you're looking for gameplay only, go buy some grinder with no story instead. DS or it's clones would do nice.
Just keep in mind it's not RPG but an adventure with fresh take on the genre.
For all I remember episode 1 is free so you can kick in, if you like it, buy the whole game.

Didn't buy the prequel nor ever will. Not that I expect a bad game, it's just I don't want to know what was before the time "chaos". Sequel, sure, I'm buying when it gets done.

The one in previous post.
LiS - Life is Strange

another gog sale; for joxer a few of the trails steel games are on sale.

Love those games - just restarted Trails of Cold Steel I on the PS Vita.

Side note - I find it weird that I insta-buy something like Siege of Dragonspear when it comes to iPad, but have not yet bought any of the Legend of Heroes games on PC ...

txa please buy ToSC it on PC, not because of my disgust with outdated plastics&electronics but it's one of those rare games that should have been released on PC before anywhere else.
I may be wrong here as the port is done so well it feels like PC game and not port at all. Additionally it's one and only jRPG where I didn't switch english voiceover to original japanese - the dub is plain awsome in PC version unlike any other jRPG where I just couldn't stand dub horrors.

I have ToCS1 on Steam and I've completed it with best score (all sidequests done). I'd buy ToCS2 on GOG sale if I'll be able to import my savegame from Steam so I get nice rewards for my sidequests dedication in the first game. Anyone knows if that's possible?

The Styx games are on sale at Humble Bundle. Master of Shadows for 5.99 Euro. Shard of Darkness for 13.59 Euro. No idea what this is in dollars.

Its the same in dollars. So I will buy them, then sell the keys to you for a small profit after the exchange.

Also, when did Dennis deYoung join Metallica?

Fanatical has the Sega Mega Drive/Sega Genesis bundle at 82% off for the next day and a half. That puts it at $11 for around 40 classic Sega titles.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle...420427401&mc_cid=61aae6cb34&mc_eid=5261407491

The bundle gives you
  • Golden Axe™
  • Golden Axe™ II
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Kid Chameleon™
  • Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
  • Light Crusader
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
  • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
  • Ristar™
  • Shadow Dancer™
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force II
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Shinobi™ III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic 3 and Knuckles
  • Sonic 3D Blast™
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic Spinball™
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Space Harrier™ II
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Streets of Rage 3
  • Super Thunder Blade™
  • Sword of Vermilion™
  • ToeJam & Earl
  • ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
  • The Revenge of Shinobi
  • Vectorman 2
  • Vectorman™
  • Virtua Fighter™ 2
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World

It's a limited amount of keys though and it looks like they're about 50% through them already.

Back
Top Bottom