Divinity II: DKS - Review @ All About The games

It is not an Xbox only title. I don't know to which Amazon you are referring, but Amazon.com has it here.
Amazon UK appears not to have the PC version and neither do some of the other shops I've tried, so apparently it is an issue in the UK that the PC version is not available.

But if you don't care for a boxed version you can always download it from Larian Vault, Steam or Impulse.

I wish this game were coming out stateside on the 360. Unfortunately, the initial version sold so poorly over here that they don't have a US publisher. The European version is region-locked, so I can't import. Rats. The reviews sound very positive.

It's a mediocre game, and the original was better than the new version mainly because the original game was at least challenging. It no longer is. To whoever claimed it got a "major" graphics overhaul: is there something wrong with your eyes? Or are you just taking the developer's word for it?

As for this glowing review: "If Fable III is Dungeons & Dragons, then..." should have been the point at which any player of RPGs stopped reading :)

The reviews sound very positive.

I think most the reviewers didn't even bother with playing the game. They just cashed their checks and paraphrased the marketing materials. I paid full price for this game not once but twice and feel like a damn fool as a result. If you haven't played Drakensang yet do yourself a favor and play it. It's better in every way.

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting opinions over this game. Some are saying it's the best RPG they've played all year, while others are calling it mediocre.

I can honestly say I am enjoying DKS more than Drakensang, although both deserve to be played.

The easier difficulty is actually better to my mind, because - being a hack'n'slasher as far as combat is concerned - the flow of combat is improved. The original was far too hard in some places. But really, the combat isn't the reason to play this; the nice quests, humour and atmosphere are.

If you haven't played Drakensang yet do yourself a favor and play it. It's better in every way.
It's a different kind of RPG. That's like telling someone who's playing Gears of War to play MW2 online because it's "better in every way". No, they're just different.

Hmmm I liked Divinity 2 but at a certain point I completely lost interest and never looked back. It happened suddenly which usually doesn't happen to me in games (I may lose interest for a few months but I usually finish a game I like eventually).

I think it was the action sequences where you were tasked with taking over those demonic floating island areas. I don't know if all of them were required completion, but they were all so time consuming. Generally I liked the flying dragon mechanics in the main game areas. At any rate I was at a point where I completed most of the quests and had only hack n slash action to finish the game, so I stopped.

I don't think I could pay for this game again, overhaul or not, and from what I'm hearing I'm not really convinced. I'm sure it's much better now, but I wish I had waited to buy it. I tried doing that with Alpha Protocol (waiting for the new and improved version, user made or otherwise) but that didn't happen. (so I just downloaded it for $7.50, it was too irresistible).

The reviews sound very positive.

I think most the reviewers didn't even bother with playing the game. They just cashed their checks and paraphrased the marketing materials. I paid full price for this game not once but twice and feel like a damn fool as a result. If you haven't played Drakensang yet do yourself a favor and play it. It's better in every way.

Paying twice for a game you didn't even like to begin with, hoping that some minor gameplay tweaks and graphical changes may change the entire experience, would indeed be pretty foolish.

I think it's safe to say that those who didn't enjoy the original Ego Draconis probably won't be convinced by DKS, but those that haven't played it owe it to themselves to try it out. That's just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom