Divinity: Original Sin II - Gamescom Reveal

It is too bad that Larian suffers from the fact that they sprinkle their games liberally with occult material / symbolism. All of it is anti-Christian, sorry to say.
What?

That's why I never play betas/early access, I don't like redoing things.

Wisdom over Ripper in the bush reveals.

It is too bad that Larian suffers from the fact that they sprinkle their games liberally with occult material / symbolism. All of it is anti-Christian, sorry to say.

I'm never quite sure if you're trolling/joking or being serious with these comments? You say it about games like AoD and DOS, while you apparently have no problem with say Lord of the rings? A Fantasy setting is a fantasy. What's the damn difference?

Calling a game "anti-christian" is of course always a silly thing, but if you're going to insist on those views shouldn't you at least be consistent?

I think it is more Old Europe I-dont-care-that-much-about-that-anymore than anti-Christian actually. But, as you prefer :)

They are more interesting... flawed, bickering gods representing different aspects of nature/psychology along with rich mythos instead of boring one good "God" above all...it simply goes for more compelling setting.
There are games that more openly criticize religion/Christianity, but DoS is way too 'quirky' to even be taken seriously about it.

Looking better than the first game already!

I own it from early access but only played about 3 hours as I just wanted to see how it was. Liked it and ready for the full game.

I kind of like how they make fun of stealth mechanics in the game, the "hide in plain sight" gaming trope has always been stupid and yet never called out.

LOL
That strip is a miss. The scene is making joke on the movement tutorial - you can't do that in the actual game.

I have not been keeping up on this game. Not as big a fan as others on this site. Tried to get thru the first one twice. Did enjoy it and want to play 2nd one. When is DOS2 being released?

I can play as a lizard man this time so that right there means I will buy the game :)

Did enjoy it and want to play 2nd one. When is DOS2 being released?

It release next September 14th (if there is no last minute delays).

Is it just me or does it seem like fall is the best time to release crpg's? I seem to get more excited for crpg's released in Autumn.

The best time to release RPG is when no overhyped garbage is incoming.

For example, I'm not sure when Destiny 2 is about to appear, but if I was a publisher, I wouldn't release a game in that month. Yes, it's sad. Yes, some people won't buy the crap and because of my decision won't be able to enjoy a brand new RPG instead.

But that's how things are. If you want to sell a product, you need to make sure it doesn't get burried in media coverage. PCgamer published not one, not two but three Destiny 2 articles today. I'm disgusted, but I cannot change mainstream's market poisoning.

For example, I'm not sure when Destiny 2 is about to appear, but if I was a publisher, I wouldn't release a game in that month.

It release September 6th...

Is it just me or does it seem like fall is the best time to release crpg's? I seem to get more excited for crpg's released in Autumn.

Not for me. They always seem to get released when I'm busier with work. I'd prefer more of them during the summer when I'm not as busy.

Back
Top Bottom