What games are you playing now?

Hmm. In the shops around here, SC2 is priced just like any other new PC game, in the 400-500NOK range (65$-80$), depending on store.

That's just coffee money for Norwegian people. Oslo is the most expsensive city in the world and norwegians are the richest in the world... that is if you don't count ( Luxembourg and Lichtenstein.... but these countries are just tax paradiese... )

That's why it is kind of stupid to compare prizes in different parts of the world. If a game cost 20 euro in china that's extremly exspensive given their average income.......

That's just coffee money for Norwegian people. Oslo is the most expsensive city in the world and norwegians are the richest in the world… that is if you don't count ( Luxembourg and Lichtenstein…. but these countries are just tax paradiese… )

That's why it is kind of stupid to compare prizes in different parts of the world. If a game cost 20 euro in china that's extremly exspensive given their average income…….

On top of that, Norway is probably the most beautiful place I've ever been to.

At least they're not quite as cool as us Danes! ;)

Yeah, hurtigrutten won the award of being the most beautiful journey you can take…. ( most of it is in norway ) so they win that too….. gawd we swedes really feel stupid for letting them go a hundred years ago talk about getting a long nose….

At least the happy list look different…. most happy people in the world.

1. Danes
2. Swedes
Further down somewhere Norwegians…

People that drink the most in the world…
1. Danes
2. Swedes
further down Norwegians?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Replaying Planescape: Torment. Looks and plays great in 1920x1080. The combat isn't the best maybe, but the story and artwork makes up for it big time :)

Replaying Planescape: Torment. Looks and plays great in 1920x1080. The combat isn't the best maybe, but the story and artwork makes up for it big time :)

Did you find a mod that lets you increase the resolution while keeping everything the same scale? Otherwise, I don't see how you could possibly be using 1920x1080 for PS:T.

Got immersed into Puzzle Quest last evening ... "Just one more battle ..."

What monitor do you have? Personally i've found that even on my 27'' HDTV using anything bigger than 1280*720 tends to break PST-s unique feel of being closer to the action than in any other IE games. On my monitor at least 1920*1080 feels too small even with bigger fonts.

I just started the fourth and the final of the main quests in Dragon Age, after spending a day with all the DLC maps, one after another. I have already done all other sidequests possible at this point so I guess I just need to push towards the end now. I do not know if I should do the alternate campaign DLC's this summer or jump directly into awakening. I might do Leliana's Song and Golems of Amgarrak, but Darkspawn Chronicles doesn't sound very appealing to me. I have two weeks left of my summer so I think there's enough time. I have been very tired today though.

Right now I'm mainly alternating Mount & Blade Warband and Eschalon Book 2. It's nice to switch between the twitch gameplay of MB:W and the turnbased old school feel of EB2.

I've actually become quite smitten with the multiplayer aspect of MB:W eventhough I realize how much I suck at twitch gameplay compared to the lol-kids out there.

A friend of mine convinced me to give The Witcher another try. I got passed the first zone, now I need to kill "A beast" among other things. This game is great but the combat sucks big time... I didn't get it...

You need to keep going, trust me it gets better!

I'm on Witcher act IV (second playthru), that act is probably one of the best gaming experiences of my semi-distinguished gamer career ='.'=

Dropping back into some older titles on my shelf. Installed AGe of Wonders - meh. It kinda sucks. If I had no other games of this type I'd give it a shot, but Disciples II is so superior in every respect. Shelving it and putting it up on Amazon.

Gave HOMM IV a shot - seems ok for this type of game, far more quality than AOW. Again tho, Disciples is more my speed. I'll keep it around for a rainy day, but it's definitely a snoozer.

Star Trek: Armada - Love it. I forgot how geekily cool this game is. Great old star trek RTS featuring the cast of next generation. Like Baldur's Gate or TOEE, I have to use older pc with older video drivers to play it tho. Good thing I have an older laptop w/ a Nvidia 6800 & drivers from 2002 for such an occasion.. There is a Star Trek Armada II, but havent gotten it. Anyone play that one?

Two Worlds - Good Lord of the Tigers, this is one of those games that come right out of the gate looking like a train wreck. The dialogue is hilarious, the models are funny looking, and the combat is clunky. Those very well may all be endearing traits when it's all said and done, like Gothic or something, but for now the game looks hilariously bad. Good thing I have a high tolerance for cheese, I even prefer it sometimes!

Codename Panzers: Phase One - Looks like a really cool a WW2 RTS. Installed it on my test bed pc since it has starforce, and I have to say just the half hour or so I put into the game going suicide into the enemy with a variety of German vehicles and infantry, eventually grabbing a howitzer from the enemy and shelling them out of a house they were hiding in, turned out to be suprisingly fun and well-rendered for a budget title (5.00 out of the bargain bin).

Next suicide mission is Dungeon Lords…..

Last edited:
I got my replacement for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition today, and they actually sent me Platinum Edition instead. Woot! :)

However, I am playing Dragon Age: Awakening now.

I finished my playthrough of Titan Quest: Immortal Throne (attack speed + % damage converted to health FTW).

Back to playing HoMM V - going through the Warlock/Dungeon campaigns. I find it incredibly addictive ala one more turn-itis…. But after a full weekend, it's starting to get repetitive, again…

I got smacked silly by an awful/horrible bug in Dark Age: Awakening that fortunately was fixeable by spending three hours with the toolset and chasing forum threads about the issue. Essentially I lost my entire inventory. This is intended, but it's also intended that you get it back eventually. Well, in the PC version, this doesn't happen. You never get your inventory back, if you happen to have some specific items equipped. For me, I think it was the bonus item from Golems from Amgarrak.

I was forced to open my save with the toolset and manually move the items back into my inventory.

That said, almost finished the second of the three main quests in the game.

Ouch. And this is why I haven't touched Awakening…

It's ok. It have a different setup than the first one, smaller and more compressed. Instead of going on adventure you work on upgrading a keep, gathering people, doing politics. The companions are well written, some are really hillarious. The maps are actually better made than the main campaign, with greater variation.

Back
Top Bottom