Pricewatch!

I was thinking it was that space game where you join clans (or whatever) and scheme plots against other clans, wtih lots of intrigues and all.

Thats likely Eve Online you are thinking about.

Eve is some kind of MMO, but much more solitary I think. You can do stuff with others but you don't have to afaik. And while there are political factions its more "gather stuff" or "do stuff" for rewards.

Not played myself much but thats how I undestood it so far.

Last edited:
All I remember was Elite Dangerous promising an offline SP campaign and backstabbing every backer by going the online server route instead. Got my pledge returned.

Edit:You can still find the articles online about that as well.

Last edited:
Thats likely Even Online you are thinking about.

Eve is some kind of MMO, but much more solitary I think. You can do stuff with others but you don't have to afaik. And while there are political factions its more "gather stuff" or "do stuff" for rewards.

Not played myself much but thats how I undestood it so far.

Yes, that's the game I was referring to, and whose name I had forgot: Eve Online.
Thank you, Kordanor :)

Drakensang (the first one) released in GoG and discounted: £1.79

I think this and the 2nd one are some of Joxer's favorites.

The second one is quite a bit better though. Better quests, less walking, and full voiceovers (and at least in German they got brilliant actors).

I'm guessing it has something to do with licensing issues. As the publisher and developer went bankrupt at one point. I don't know who bought the IP's later on though.

Think it's a company called Bigpoint GmbH as I remember a F2P phone version.

I'm guessing it has something to do with licensing issues. As the publisher and developer went bankrupt at one point. I don't know who bought the IP's later on though.

Think it's a company called Bigpoint GmbH as I remember a F2P phone version.

The license situation might be a bit more unclear there. Bigpoint took over the name, but ofc there is also the Dark Eye License itself, which is hold by Ulisses Spiele. The F2P Version of Drakensang was using the name, but was not in the Dark Eye world, so they might not have the license.
Meaning GOG would likely need to contact both. To make things more complicated there is likely also a third party involved for the english version of the game.
While "Drakensang: The River of Time" is available on steam, its the English Version only, pretty much meaning they don't have the license for the German version as this is the "main" language of the game. "Drakensang" however is available in both languages on steam. So the situation might be easier there.

The Black Friday sale is now live on GOG.com. They are offering over 2600 deals with savings up to 90% off between now and December 1st. Here are some highlights:
We have the best gaming deals with our time-limited Flash Deals for:
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (-80% until November 28th, 2 PM UTC)
Hitman: Blood Money (-85% until November 28th, 2 PM UTC)
Pathologic 2 (-55% until November 28th, 2 PM UTC)
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition (-65% until November 28th, 2 PM UTC)
Praetorians - HD Remaster (-45% until November 28th, 2 PM UTC)
Tropico 5: Complete Collection (-60% until November 28th, 2 PM UTC)
Age of Wonders: Planetfall (-75% until November 29th, 2 PM UTC)
Hollow Knight (-66% until November 29th, 2 PM UTC)
Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition (-85% until November 29th, 2 PM UTC)

There are a million sales live atm.
But something I just stumbled upon again is Dark Quest 2 which also still isn't part of the RPGwatch recommendation list.

It's a game very close to the old Hero Quest Titles on the C64 and PC. It's rather simple, though not super easy, and I had a lot of fun with it.

Currently available at 3,19€ (-60%)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/453690/Dark_Quest_2/

On that note: They are also working on a new game which looks even more like Heroquest, this time as the Boardgame Heroquest though. Looking forward to that one!

Well, I snagged Mad Max for $5. That's filled up my long Thanksgiving weekend quite nicely. There's some oddness to the game (why build up multiple strongholds when you just let me fast travel to any of them anyway!?) but it's still plenty fun.

Well, I snagged Mad Max for $5. That's filled up my long Thanksgiving weekend quite nicely. There's some oddness to the game (why build up multiple strongholds when you just let me fast travel to any of them anyway!?) but it's still plenty fun.

I couldn't get into Mad Max despite being a fan of the franchise and post-apoc in general. It just seemed really generic to me. Should I give it another try?

I see Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor being discounted this weekend. Questions:
A) Does it need a monthly subscription to be played?
B) Can I play it solo mode, lone wolf-like? Playing it this way will affect quests, will rob me some of the fun etc?
Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom