Risen 3: Titan Lords - Finally Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Thanks to two of our members TheMadGamer, and fragonard we now have information on the next Risen game. You can check out IGN, or visit the German site PC Games.

German gaming magazine PC Games revealed today the next game in the Risen series, Risen 3: Titan Lords.

The magazine's cover, which you can see below, shows an armored man, mid-sword swing, in a Mordor-eque setting. This looks to be a departure in setting from the second game in the series, Risen 2: Dark Waters, which took a fantasy approach to the world of classic pirates, and perhaps shows a return to a harder, more traditional fantasy setting.

The game is being developed by German developer Piranha Bytes and will be published by Deep Silver.
More information.

vurt if OMG now I can die when I saw those screenshots are not fake, then the game is in ready to be released state!

We voted which game looks the most promising too soon!

Looks impressive, and with Risen 1 and 2 soon to be released in GOG, I hope this one will be released in GOG too

am i mixing up my games, or was risen 2 the one with goofy HUD and lots of pirates that i stopped playing after 10h

Depends. Could also be Two Worlds 2.

Risen 2 was a nearmasterpiece game everyone hated because of inflating vegetation except me who adored it as it looked like I got high. :D
What HUD are we talking about? Who cares for HUD these days - there is always SkyUI mod to fix it.

borcanu, did you stop playing or not some game for whatever reason, we can't possibly know.
But Avantenor is probably right. TwoWorlds2 has endless respawns. I would stop playing such crap in less than 10 hours. Dunno what took you so long. :evilgrin:

The two confirmed keywords about the new PB game are "back to the roots" and "darker".

Excellent. Some great news, thank you RPG Watch. ;) It's good to have the mystery of "what will PB do next" answered.

Better be a step up from Risen2. Hopefully they fix the woeful melee combat and have a better world design like G1/2 and Risen 1.

Attention:

We've removed the links to the screenshots and artworks. They were leaked from a fellow site. Please do not repost links to these pictures on RPGWatch.

Well that was fast. ;)

Anyway Google shows a hundred sites are hosting them now. Something tells me it will not be easy getting them taken down.:ahoy:

Please do not post any screenshots or artworks regarding Risen 3 for the time being!

Explanation: These screens were given to us and one other fansite on the condition that we release them not before the 25th of Febuary, 16:00 CET. We also received one exclusive artwork (just for us). A typical and in no way unusual embargo which almost every publisher for every game uses in his press related work. Nothing to complain about. Just like it happened a hundred times in the last 8 years and like it does on other sites of our network. And until now, it has always worked because every member of the staff knew the meaning of the word "internal".

These pics were posted by Don-Esteban - like always - in our internal forum so that the staff can prepare (create galleries, upload pictures, write news, etc.). And shortly after that, they were found on the web. Including the exclusive artwork that no one but us received. So the obvious conclusion is that one of our (now former) staff members took these pictures from the internal forum and (directly or indirectly) spread them across the web. Now former, because Don-Esteban just removed almost everyone from the staff, except a few core members that now have to do all the work alone.

Worse however is that we can now go to Deep Silver and basically explain to them that the trust which we tried to build in the last 8 years is worth squat. That any attempt to give us information beforehand and work closely and eye-to-eye with us is futile. Because we are not dependable and cannot be counted upon. That working with us on a professional level is not possible and that we are basically the mindless nerds that many claim we are.

Now, the pictures are out there and we all know that the damage is done. But for what little good it'll do: We will try to keep our end of the bargain and maintain the embargo! Any pics or references before the date mentioned above will be deleted!

On behalf of the entire remaining staff of the World of Risen, I would like to sincerely thank the ex-member responsible, should he or she read this post. You caused us a lot of work (now and in the future), made us look like idiots, got a lot of other, honest members removed from the staff (because we cannot know who you are) and sabotaged our relationship with Deep Silver for years to come. So, from the bottom of our heart: Thank you! Thank you oh so very much!

Since the NextGen consoles just came out, here's to hoping that Risen 3 won't need to be chopped up into a bunch of distinct locales but instead be mainly a large contiguous landmass to explore.

I still haven't played Risen 2. The whole pirate thing is so played out and just doesn't interest me. It is a PB game though so eventually I'll cave in.

Back
Top Bottom