What games are you playing now?

After finishing Cosmic Star Heroine, I fully intended to fire up Dragon Quest eleven and dive full in. However, while I was downloading the game, my eyes wandered around and saw Cthulhu Save the World, which I first played six years ago and never replayed.....so, I started my first ever replay of the game. Maybe Dragon Quest will get its' due soon!

I recently picked Grimoire on sale and have really started to enjoy it. I played it when it first came out -- and, yes, when it was $40 -- and couldn't stand it. Over the course of a year, I downloaded pirated versions and tried to see what the hype was. No dice.

I had a free Sunday and saw the game was on sale for $7. I figured, what the hell, maybe it's worth trying again. I buckled down with the manual and ended up playing more than seven hours. I've been hooked ever since.

In between Grimoire sessions, I've been playing the tried and true CK2, with the AGOT mod.

Grimoire is quite good, I played it the week of release and had no game killing bugs or crashes with it during that time. I plan on doing a replay of this gem, maybe later this year or early next!

Yeah Grimoire is a blast. I ended my last playthrough 40hrs in to wait for version 2 - I really need to get back to it at some point now that's been released. Despite some annoying design quirks, the maps were great to explore and making progress felt like a real achievement.

First play thru of kingmaker, was going well, till, "Game over" you failed to complete your task. I know it said keep an eye on the time, but it also said 3 months is plenty. Anyway looks like iv'e got to go quite a way back, other than that seems a good game.

Not playing any games right now. Too busy.

Thank you for that crucial bit of information. ;)

I'm still playing Game of Thrones. I'm in chapter 6 or 7 now and starting to warm to it. It's clunky for sure, but the combat grows on you after awhile, and the story is just interesting enough to make me want to see where it goes.

You're welcome. Anything to please you. From what I read it is better to not be playing a game then play a bad game. Btw if you want to know where the story goes just read the books ;) Well if you can't read then watch the tv show. If your illiterate and blind then stop playing games that require vision and reading.

Thank you for that crucial bit of information. ;)

I'm still playing Game of Thrones. I'm in chapter 6 or 7 now and starting to warm to it. It's clunky for sure, but the combat grows on you after awhile, and the story is just interesting enough to make me want to see where it goes.

You're welcome. Anything to please you. From what I read it is better to not be playing a game then play a bad game. Btw if you want to know where the story goes just read the books ;) Well if you can't read then watch the tv show. If your illiterate and blind then stop playing games that require vision and reading.

Do I detect a hint of butthurt there? :)

The plot doesn't have anything to do with the books, it's a separate story. You do get to visit some known locations though, and you also interact with some of the characters from the novels.

I wouldn't call it but-hurt. Just acknowledging your anal retention side - that's all. Enjoy your game.

Do I detect a hint of butthurt there? :)

The plot doesn't have anything to do with the books, it's a separate story. You do get to visit some known locations though, and you also interact with some of the characters from the novels.

Rimworld. Did a hard scenario with no save and one colonist. Got hurt (third day) and I try to self-tend but it doesnt work and he dies. Self tend is quite the hassle, it's like a list of 8 things that must be set correctly for it to even work. Still love the game and i'm a bit rusty right now since its been 6+ months since i played it..

A Plague Tale. It's decent enough, no Last of Us in terms of characters though.

Last edited:
Grimoire is quite good, I played it the week of release and had no game killing bugs or crashes with it during that time. I plan on doing a replay of this gem, maybe later this year or early next!

Yeah Grimoire is a blast. I ended my last playthrough 40hrs in to wait for version 2 - I really need to get back to it at some point now that's been released. Despite some annoying design quirks, the maps were great to explore and making progress felt like a real achievement.

Agreed. I had to start it with an open mind. The campiness grew on me, and I've enjoyed it. I don't have 40 hours -- more like 10 -- but it's a nice game I can wind down with after a long day or work.

The Grimoire manual made things more accessible. The only thing I'm worried about is NOT getting all the information I need when doing the manual interactions with NPCs.

Rimworld. Did a hard scenario with no save and one colonist. Got hurt (third day) and I try to self-tend but it doesnt work and he dies. Self tend is quite the hassle, it's like a list of 8 things that must be set correctly for it to even work. Still love the game and i'm a bit rusty right now since its been 6+ months since i played it..

Have you played Dwarf Fortress?

Have you played Dwarf Fortress?

Yes i've installed it on two occasions, i can't get into it.. the graphics is just too poor and the interface is hard to grasp. I bet it's good if you get over the initial hassles and graphics, love the whole concept of it.

Yes i've installed it on two occasions, i can't get into it.. the graphics is just too poor and the interface is hard to grasp. I bet it's good if you get over the initial hassles and graphics, love the whole concept of it.

Yeah, the interface and graphics might off putting, but it really is a great game when you adjust to using only the keyboard and familiarize yourself with the ASCII characters.

FWIW, there are graphics packs that'll make the game look better, found with the LazyNewbPack.

DF is headed to Steam, which will include a graphics pack and, hopefully, open the game up to more players. The time table, however, is TBD.

Yeah, the interface and graphics might off putting, but it really is a great game when you adjust to using only the keyboard and familiarize yourself with the ASCII characters.

FWIW, there are graphics packs that'll make the game look better, found with the LazyNewbPack.

DF is headed to Steam, which will include a graphics pack and, hopefully, open the game up to more players. The time table, however, is TBD.

I've used the graphics packs, its still awful imo, it looks 10x worse than something like Rimworld (which already has very, very simplistic graphics).

Yes and i hope the Steam version will eventually turn out like a commercial product. It's a game that deserves attention and players, but for that to happen (on a larger scale) it also needs proper graphics and interface.

The dev has been out of his mind to not let this be a more commercial game since way back imo, he'd be a millionaire.. I don't mean that it needs to be dumbed down, just an overall better product with proper graphics, interface.. i doubt it would be as popular as Minecraft perhaps, but it would be a very successful game, that i do not doubt. It's very unique. I have looked at some playthroughs of it + read a lot about it too.

My one of the most memorable moment with Rimworld is day 1 game over lol.

A hungry bear decided to eat my pet cat in one bite, then decided to chomp on my 3 colonists too because clearly, a cat was more of an entree for the bear. lol.

Have fun with Rimworld!

My one of the most memorable moment with Rimworld is day 1 game over lol.

A hungry bear decided to eat my pet cat in one bite, then decided to chomp on my 3 colonists too because clearly, a cat was more of an entree for the bear. lol.

Have fun with Rimworld!

Haha, yes it's actually a fun game to die in, it just takes a very different mindset..
Not that i enjoyed dying from basically not remembering how the hell i'm supposed to self-tend (it's really not that hard).

My current guys are doing ok. We Survived winter which had toxic fallout the whole time, with absolutely no animals or food in sight.. They had to resort to cannibalism (eating raiders). They weren't happy but they survived.

...this just happened, how romantic:

5TMr1I1.jpg

kind of unexpected since i was sure nipz was a guy (it's not) lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom