Kingdom Come - DLC Plans

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Game Watcher reports that a DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance is already in the making:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLC Plans - Everything We Know

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is already a big hit in terms of sale and concurrent players, which obviously raises the question of what's coming next - Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLC, of course!

During a 90 minute interview with a Czech outlet (thankfully translated by a user from the ResetEra forums), Creative Director Daniel Vávra provided some important details regarding the future of the medieval RPG.

According to Vávra, the team is already working on a DLC questline where you play as a woman - most likely Theresa, the lady who saved your bacon at the start of the game.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

So the playable female (it was a reached KS stretch goal) is going to be a DLC?

Will I have to pay for it? (I'm a ks backer).

Yeah, they need to fix the game and add a save anytime feature before they start talking about DLC. And no I don't care if there is a mod for it. I'm not giving my money to a developer that doesn't respect my time. Save on exit is fine if I exit, but when the game crashes every couple hours it doesn't really matter if that feature is added.

So the playable female (it was a reached KS stretch goal) is going to be a DLC?

Will I have to pay for it? (I'm a ks backer).

Unless they change their minds, backers will get DLC for free.

Yeah, they need to fix the game and add a save anytime feature before they start talking about DLC. And no I don't care if there is a mod for it. I'm not giving my money to a developer that doesn't respect my time. Save on exit is fine if I exit, but when the game crashes every couple hours it doesn't really matter if that feature is added.

Nor you respect your time very much, if you refuse to use the mod just because. The save system was well known before the game release.

About crashes, I guess every game will have a few users that will have technical problems. The game didn't crash a single time for me (I'm playing the PC version) in 15 hours of game time. You can ask for a refund, if the game doesn't work (even if you played more than 2 hours).

What people need to realize is that in companies like this, most developers aren't generalists. If there are 100 people working on a game, they can't just all work for fixing bugs. There are componists, sound directors, 3d model artists, writers and so on and so forth which have pretty much nothing to do with fixing bugs.
This workforce can either be channeled into new content for the same game, into content for a new game, or the employeed can be let go for the next project (dependent on the country).

So if they are working on a new DLC I don't see anything bad about it.

So-o…how they will call it? Domestic activities ?

KingdomCome_2018_02_09_11_42_19_02.jpg

I have no issue saving when I want in the game. I either go to the nearest bed I own or that I have the right to sleep in* (by the way, paying for "a few nights" at lodgings unlock that bed+chest access for all the time of the playthrough) and Savior Schnapps crafting cost is 1 nettle (super easy to find) and 2 belladona (cheap at apothecary/herbalist somewhat harder to find by yourself) and it gives you more than one bottle per "craft". I got a little stash of it on my horse, but only keep a few bottles on me. When I feel it's been long enough since the last save, I just drink some Schnapps.

*Hunting camp works, like the one you go to with Hans.

A woman DLC?
I bet not. I bet it's gonna be playing a horse (with horse armor) DLC. And this is why:
pic2.jpg

pic.jpg

Fuck, now i regret not crownfunding this. :(

That feeling when you read article on rpgwatch that link to article on gamewatcher that link to a post you made on resetera translating a czech interview..

anyway, yeah the DLC will be free for backers and clearly it will be centered more around stealth and social skills than combat, and it was always planned to have it in.

Note that if you try to buy the horse from the spoiler, you'll hear an additional story about how he ended up there. It's masterfully written easter egg if you ask me. Well... Assuming you thoroughly played the game it's about. Some found that game pathetic as it has everything except consoley autoaim/autoinstantkill gameplay.

I went searching and these are probably coming:
- tournaments was a stretch goal, there are screenshot of it, it shows in the launch trailer but it was removed because of some issues. Somewhat similar for the dog companion (they had issues with the AI) and playable female segment.
- crossbow were removed for technical reasons, they should be re-added back.
- finished polearms/halberds/spears (they are in the game, there is an hidden skill for them and you can train with Bernard, but they are practically unusable outside of that).

Back
Top Bottom