Witcher Sapkowski's The Last Wish in English

The Witcher

magerette

Hedgewitch
I spotted this link at the Codex earlier this morning, thought I'd post it for those in North America. Previously, this English translation of Sapkowski has only been available on amazon.co.uk. Note that it's a preorder and hasn't yet been released at the NA site.

The fan translations of Sapkowski vs. the professional translation is ... well it's pretty iffy.

I read the fan translations initially and I was very concerned. I was wondering "WTH is all this about?" It read like bad gaming fiction to me.

Then last July, I got the professional translation of The Last Wish.

The quality between the two is night and day. Well worth your time and effort - and please don't judge Sapkowski by the work of fan translators.

The fan translations of Sapkowski vs. the professional translation is ... well it's pretty iffy.

I read the fan translations initially and I was very concerned. I was wondering "WTH is all this about?" It read like bad gaming fiction to me.

The quality between the two is night and day. Well worth your time and effort - and please don't judge Sapkowski by the work of fan translators.

I think it's normal that fan-made translation is not perfect and everyone keeps this fact in mind while reading.

Last edited:
Unless you watch anime, the fan translations there are better than the professional ones :p

I enjoyed The Last Wish; I got a copy from the UK (I'm in the US) a few months ago. I also just read that Gollancz will be publishing some (all?) of the other novels starting with Blood Of The Elves in 2008; it's up for pre-order on Amazon.com UK.

Unfortunately, for unknown reasons, they're skipping the second short story collection, "The Sword of Destiny" - some of the stories are standalone, but more than a half of them are actually an introduction to the novels.

do you have a last wish .prf , i don`t have money to buy a book please
kile.evil@gmail.com P.S. Don`t judge by email

Back
Top Bottom