Larian Studios - Divinity Anthology - the good, the bad, the unexpected

I have to say, D2 was a tad buggy internationally upon release but I only had one bad bug in the US version. One of the only games I've beaten more than 3 times is D2: DKS. The mix of humor, music, exploration and combat was perfect for me for some reason.

Let me fix this for you :

I will never give Electronic Arts a single penny since they released SWTOR in a buggy state where the game's "free" 30 days of play time gets counted down even without any subscription. They don't allow subscriptions to be frozen, either. They stole me twenty bucks. I want my twenty bucks back.

This company does NOT deserve your goodwill.

If you want to play the games go ahead and pay the minimum. Don't give them extra. They're not a charity. They're not your friends. They don't need your help. They are selling a product. You're a consumer. Be a smart one.

Side note : Yes, this happens. EA substracted from my "free play time" 12 days until I sent them a bug ticket. They substracted them although I NEVER had any subscription. all I did was registering the game.

And now I've found out that subscriptions canot be "frozen" at all. PC damaged ? Vacation ? Hospital ? Severe illness ? No way, it will count down, no matter what you do.

You are ranting about doors disappearing ? I'm ranting about paid playing time being taken from me !

Let me fix this for you :
That's definitely a bummer, although I'm not entirely clear what it has to do with Larian.

Anyway, the doors disappearing bug was game-breaking. You could not progress, and they refused to patch it. It was simply unacceptable. This was in the US version; patch 1.03 I believe it was.

Wasn't that particular bug avoidable by simply not using quicksave/load? Look, i understand where you're coming from, anyone who has played games for some time has probably run into their share of gamebreaking bugs. Games, especially RPG-s are incredibly complicated pieces of software and bugs happen to even the best devs out there. Still, there are things YOU as a player can do, to reduce the impact of such bugs. Keeping plenty of savegames is always a smart thing to do, especially with Gamebryo games and with all RPG-s in general.

Not quite-- it was avoidable by never overwriting your savegames. Of course by the time it popped up I was several hours into the game and would have been forced to start over from the beginning.

I'm not upset about the bug existing. Well I am, but I could live with that. I'm upset that they literally refused to patch it and told me to wait for the expansion pack.

I certainly dont remember when they fixed it, but it was well before the expansion pack.

It was at least 6 months after release in the US, because I stayed on top of it for that long.

I put down $160 for the new Tex Murphy game. Not especially for the rewards tier, but because of the fun I had with Under A Killing Moon and The Pandora Directive and wanting the project to succeed so I can have more fun in the future.

It's a beloved franchise that will make a lot of people very happy and it is a good thing to make it succeed. Maybe not as good as funding research into furthering scientific advances for finding a cure for HIV, but still good.

Back
Top Bottom