Skyrim - Dawnguard Review @ Eurogamer

As already written, it gives two different ways to go through the entire game.

Two entire replays.

On a side note, in last night's Futurama the voting districts for President of Earth consisted of Skyrim, Panem, Kenya, R'yleh, and of course, Iowa.

What a coincidence.. I was in R'yleh earlier this week. :)

Two entire replays.

How many people are going to do two full replays just to be a vampire and a werewolf? I know I wouldn't. It's not as if the world will be much different. Only a few small additional locations.

I'll wait until I feel they're done with DLC - and the mod scene provides easy-to-install and comprehensive quality balancing/mechanics mods. Then I will be all over this again.

How many people are going to do two full replays just to be a vampire and a werewolf? I know I wouldn't. It's not as if the world will be much different. Only a few small additional locations.

You have two factions that are in opposing sides of a conflict, each with a pretty decent sized questline.

I had planned to do one playthrough as a Dawnguard vampire hunter and a second siding with the Volkihar. Maybe after that I might try a third playthrough, as a werewolf, depending on whether the perk tree looks interesting or not.

Two entire replays.

What a coincidence.. I was in R'yleh earlier this week. :)

did you find it as non-euclidian as I did?

You have two factions that are in opposing sides of a conflict, each with a pretty decent sized questline.

I had planned to do one playthrough as a Dawnguard vampire hunter and a second siding with the Volkihar. Maybe after that I might try a third playthrough, as a werewolf, depending on whether the perk tree looks interesting or not.

the problem is that I avoid spoilers like the plague so I haven't kept up on the talk.

so..I can't play both the werewolf quest and the vampire lord quest? I have to choose? It would make sense that I can't play both a Werewolf and a Werewolf Hunter, just as I can't play revolutionary and an imperial guard (my attempts at playing both sides ala Wizardry 8 came to naught of course). But I don't see the sense of not being both Werewolf and Vampire considering I'm king of every other dumb faction already.

So I got the MS Points and the card doesn't work. I'll have to go back to Target and try to get it exchanged apparently. The interweb is full of stories like this. Apparently these cards get activated automatically the second they are scanned at the register.

So it turns out this isn't the first DLC for this game. I logged in to redeem the points to buy Dawnguard and there are 33 horse armor type things to download. Only about 5 or 6 things don't cost any MS Points including Unrelenting Voice. Maybe this is why I don't have the third voice - I have to pay for it. Is this the same on PC?

This is lame Todd said they wanted to do larger DLC(not expansions, why do people keep saying that, Bloodmoon and Shivering Isle are expansion not this). Todd mention Point Lookout as a guide to the kind of stuff they wanted to do, Point Lookout had a large new area same with true expansions like Bloodmoon and SI. That is the heart of Beth's rpg's large areas to explore, not stuff like this.

so..I can't play both the werewolf quest and the vampire lord quest? I have to choose? It would make sense that I can't play both a Werewolf and a Werewolf Hunter, just as I can't play revolutionary and an imperial guard (my attempts at playing both sides ala Wizardry 8 came to naught of course). But I don't see the sense of not being both Werewolf and Vampire considering I'm king of every other dumb faction already.

There is no werewolf quest, it's just a perk tree (unless they added some related side quest I don't know about).

I imagine the dawnguard might accept you if you are a werewolf, but you definitely can't do both the Dawnguard (vampire hunter) and the Volkihar (vampire) faction questlines, at some point you have to choose which side you will support, just as you can't play both the Imperial Legion and Stormcloak questlines.

Back
Top Bottom