Jade Empire: SE - GOG Classic Gem Sale

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG.com is offering Jade Empire: Special Edition for 60% off. If you still haven't played the game now is your chance.

Classic Gem Promo: Jade Empire: Special Edition

The Way of the Jade Dragon.

Jade Empire: Special Edition, BioWare's role-playing epic set in the colorful realm inspired by legends of the Orient, is available 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $5.99 for the next 24 hours!

Live a life of great adventure among the legends of the Orient in a fantastic role-playing game from BioWare. The game's original setting and great story make this title an unbeatable pick for every RPG fan. With many time-proven ideas and lots of fresh twists, this title is as enjoyable to play as it is charming to behold. Featuring a great selection of quests firmly rooted in the myths and legends of the Far East, as well as many memorable characters you'll surely grow fond of through your adventures, this title has the best elements of all of your favorite RPGs. Breathe in the atmosphere of the Orient and start your heroic quest today!
More information.

Played it for about 15 hours and lost motivation to continue. Decent combat, but too linear and frankly boring; no or limited exploration, no choices and consequences as everything is forced on you, limited side quests, boring atmosphere, forgettable and sometimes annoying and confusing characters.

I don't know why they never got the Mac version ... it was on Direct2Drive and even made the initial leap to GameFly (now that GameFly is evolving it isn't available ... ).

It was kinda meh but it had some interesting aspects, too. I didn't finish it but getting $6 worth of fun out of it would be no problem.

Totally cheesy combat, still enormous fun and unbelievable decision not to make a sequel. Or more of those.
Worth buying.

I enjoyed this when I played it on XBox. Good storyline, ok combat, linear but still interesting.

I guess it's a nice action adventure - if you like totally linear combat driven games with Bioware writing ;)

But I wouldn't personally classify it as an RPG.

I guess it's a nice action adventure - if you like totally linear combat driven games with Bioware writing ;)

If you want to go down this old and tired route again. I say the game is an ARPG. So there I have spoken and it's the truth.:p

Oh by the way I'm thinking of adding this to the smileys. I think you will love it.

rant.gif

Last edited:
Dart no one has a clue what an RPG is. It's the eternal struggle that has no answer, and never will. To put it simply every gamer has a different opinion.;)

Though If you want to go down this old and tired routeagain. I say the game is as an ARPG. So there I have spoken and it's the truth:p

See, Couch, this is where reading can be helpful:

That's not the same as:

But it's not an RPG.

*kisses*

See, Couch, this is where reading can be helpful:

That's not the same as:

But it's not an RPG.

*kisses*

No offense Dart I wont kiss you your not my type. It seems our taste in games is not compatible. Now I'm going back to my ARPG that I love to play.:p
I do indeed like that last smiley quite a bit ;)
I knew you would.;)

Jade Empire didn't seem all that great when it came out in 2005, at least not to me, though I did finish it and enjoyed it. But after the following 8 years of further dumbing-down and decline in the RPG industry, I think it's probably a pretty solid RPG by today's AAA standards. I mean, back around 2005 we would have been comparing it to things like Bloodlines, KoTOR2, NWN2? Now we'd be comparing it to Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. Yeah…

Last edited:
I really liked the setting and graphics was okay to, other things where standard bioware quality ( very low )

Does it contain all possible playable characters?

I ask because Jade Empire was one of the first games with this terrible practise of having 4 different characters (or armors or weapons) each unique to a store. If you wanted all characters you had to buy at all four stores.

I had it on Xbox so I might just get this for PC.

Back
Top Bottom