Gothic 3 Patch 1.12

Lethal Weapon

Sentinel
Patch 1.12 is out. Please post your first impressions!

Last edited:
Jowood is blocked for me, but I found some info at WoG:

* ambient sound bug fixed
* better sound occlusion
* several physics and movement bugs fixed
* inventory exploit fixed
* better camera behaviour

Apparently this is only the big stuff.

Can anyone find a set of the full release notes? I think I speak for at least a few others here when I say that I hope the fixes aren't limited to the above. Especially since I heard that the next (i.e. this) patch would be the last.

Can anyone find a set of the full release notes? I think I speak for at least a few others here when I say that I hope the fixes aren't limited to the above. Especially since I heard that the next (i.e. this) patch would be the last.

That was all I found when I went looking ... but since they specifically talked about significant tweaks to melee combat I doubt this will be the last patch.

I have to believe that "last patch" tidbit is a rumor spread by haters. Why would PB squash their bread and butter? The only way it would sorta make sense would be if they planned on putting all the big fixes in a subsequent expansion pack that they are working on NOW.

It´s the complete fix list.
Work on the next patch continues parallel to the work on the add-on, according to some JoWooD community guy.

Patch is out. I edited the original post accordingly. At the moment you may download it from WoG.

Here is what I get from the changelog.txt:

I. TECHNICAL BUGFIXES
=====================

Build 1.12
----------
- Fixed ambient sound bug
- Sound occlusion improved
- Several physics and character movement bugs fixed
- Inventory exploit fixed
- Camera behaviour improved

II. CONTENT FIXES
=============

Build 1.12
----------
- Several mission logs fixed
- Several small quest bugs fixed

III. CHANGES/ADDITIONS
======================

Build 1.12
----------
- NPCs don't die as quickly as before when fighting monsters. This helps party members to survive.

What about the missing perks? Like Fire Mage, Make Poison, Master Thief.
How hard can it be to fix that??

Last edited:
I think the most they'll do on that front is remove the icons - if they can do even that. <_<

I think the most they'll do on that front is remove the icons - if they can do even that. <_<

Let's hope they *don't* take 'the Dungeon Lords approach to bug-fixing'.

The inventory exploit is quite useful, even if it is a cheat. With the use of the exploit one can reuse an item ad infinitum by quickly pressing the inventory key once the effect of an item has been recognized but gone through its corresponding animation to completion. To use the exploit open your inventory, select a potion and use it. The player will recognize the effect of the potion half way through the animation, around the moment when the bottle is at the PC's lips. If the inventory key is hit right after the effect has taken hold the animation will be interrupted and the item will be added back into the player's inventory.

The inventory exploit is quite useful, even if it is a cheat. With the use of the exploit one can reuse an item ad infinitum by quickly pressing the inventory key once the effect of an item has been recognized but gone through its corresponding animation to completion. To use the exploit open your inventory, select a potion and use it. The player will recognize the effect of the potion half way through the animation, around the moment when the bottle is at the PC's lips. If the inventory key is hit right after the effect has taken hold the animation will be interrupted and the item will be added back into the player's inventory.

Wow, I wonder if that would have worked with the stone tablets? Or some of the herbs that add stats permenatly? Loading a game is such a bother, I'm way to lazy to experiment.

I am almost speehless. :p
Ok, rushout the game against all logic and good business sence, relagating your potiental AAA International Title to a dung heap, which can only be played and Enjoyed by 5% of the gaming population, because your too arrogant to have/get a finaical backup plan even if it involved getting help from the fans?
Possibly leading to the making of one of those quaint "Road to making Gothic 3" stories that live on in gaming history, as the little game that "could".

Then Stop patching it casue you F'd yourserlves, so your just gonna F'over the fans that stood by your d'ass decision to destroy your goldenbrand?

We all know what happened to Dungeon Lords, just because Gothic has more fans will only mean you can sucker more of us for an "Expansion Fix Your F'up Addon", you still KILL the international brand and all the new customers.

Who is the idiot at jowood making these decisions, I would really like to know?
Can we start some international petition to get him fired?

Here it's terrisiom, to kick THE stupid person making psychopathic decisions, so we just have to wait for justice in a court, so I can only hope it's legal to kick stupid people, there.

I wonder that about Acleasius myself sometimes.

He recently wasted 2 pages full of post in another thread trying to convince me that Warren Spector didn't create Deus Ex.

And you knowingly spent 2 pages convincing him that SPecter did ... so *who* has the problem ;)

Back
Top Bottom