Elementary, My Dear Holmes: A Point and Click Adventure Game on Kickstarter!

DennisVSG

Traveler
e79d0b1959870e36e2633d08031bd660_large.jpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1375982935/elementary-my-dear-holmes

Hi everyone! I'm here to talk to you about our upcoming game and current Kickstarter project: Elementary, My Dear Holmes. It's a point and click adventure game starring legendary sidekick John Watson on an epic quest to prove that Sherlock Holmes is just a jerk.

Elementary, My Dear Holmes is a point-and-click adventure game, like the awesome ones we played as kids by companies like LucasArts and Double Fine. Like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango, we’re making a game where you once again suffer from the terrible infinite pockets affliction, and are forced to store everything from a whisky bottle to a weird painting about intelligent peaches for further bizarre combining use. Solve puzzles that we’ve done our best to not be incomprehensible to anyone who isn’t a game developer! Obviously, using that gnome plus a watermelon on the revolving door will create an interdimensional portal! Obviously.

Feel free to drop by our Kickstarter, or fire off questions at us here! One of our dev team will be monitoring the thread, and will get back to you as soon as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oTeA82ECfk&feature=youtu.be

LOL that vid of yours is hilarious.
Enough to get me - I'll support.
Just don't take the cash to any islands not just Kayman, okay?

Thanks for the support Joxer! We really appreciate it. We're open and welcome to any feedback or ideas our backers have!

(And we have no plans to run to the Islands just yet. Maybe a rum party when the Kickstarter is done....)

We at Victory Square Games are very excited to announce that we have just reached our base $50,000 Kickstarter funding goal on our point-and-click title, Elementary, My Dear Holmes!

New Video and Concept Art!

To celebrate, we've released a new video update, as well as a bunch of concept art to share with our backers and the community. The concept art and the video is live on the main Kickstarter page at http://kck.st/19tFgrV. The video is also available at http://youtu.be/bOff7gh6Y40

A Linux Version!

In addition, we're proud to announce that the Linux version has been moved from a $75,000 stretch goal to a $50,000 base goal. Which means that the Linux version will be shipping in September 2014!

Free Game Consoles!

And that's not all. Victory Square Games is also hosting a Console Giveaway! Anyone who donated $15 or more to the campaign is now in the running to win one of four consoles - an Ouya, a Wii U, a PS4 and an Xbox 1. Also, anyone who donates between now and September 05 is also eligible to win.

It's a really exciting time for us at Victory Square Games, and we are proud and happy to share our little success story. Please feel free to write back if you would like any further information on any of the updates.

Best,
Sam

Dennis, I don't think you may ship a console in any part of the world just like that.
Well… Unless you're shippng it from China. Dunno how they do it, but they ship anything everywhere. ;)

I thought contests are forbidden by KS rules?

Edit: Indeed:
"•No contests, raffles, coupons, or lifetime memberships."

Last edited:
I was gonna put this on the watchlist because I really Like the sherlock Holmes books, and the video was damn funny. However, this is mainly a Ouya title, PC will only follow later.

I then noticed reading the comments there is a controvery over the legitimacy of a large number of backers. I checked myself (you have to scroll far down the backers list) and it is indeed pretty supicious - large numbers of first time backers all starting with the same letter of the alphabet, one after the other, then another group with another letter. Since Ouya backs successful Ouya KS projects with their own money there is a legitimate concern regarding manipulation. Take a look at the comments section for the developing drama...

Hello GhanBuriGhan,

We are very concerned about this as well, we have reached out to Kickstarter and Amazon to get more information.

in the meantime, we are working on creating a fun and challenging point & click adventure game for our backers =)

12 days to go and the goal is reached so...
Manipulation or not we'll see in 12 days. If it was manipulation, imaginary backers will (have to) pull off, the sum will drop under 50K and the project will fail. IMO that would be a shame.

Not necessarily. There is many possible explanations what may have happened here, and since KS seems uninterested in clearing this up, we may never know.

Back
Top Bottom