General News - Halloween Deals

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GOG and Steam are tempting us with Halloween deals:

GOG.COM's Halloween Sale Scares Your Wallet with High Discounts

Horror, mystery, and action games on sale * DRM-free releases of Blair Witch, Layers of Fear 2, Call of Cthulhu, and more * 300+ deals up to -90%

OCTOBER 28, 2019 - This Halloween, GOG.COM invites you to visit the quiet town of Gogsville. A magical portal has appeared above it, sending down dozens of shape-shifting googs that spook children and play tricks on the adults. Their best ruse yet? Lowering the prices on DRM-free horror, mystery, and action games up to -90%!

Start your visit to Gogsville by meeting the new residents. Take a hike in the woods with Blair Witch (-25%), face your worst nightmares with Layers of Fear 2 (-33%), uncover the ancient mysteries with Call of Cthulhu (-50%), beat the deadly outbreak with Daymare: 1998 (-20%), and experience some scares with DreadOut (-80%) and Visage (-20%).

Become the town's new supernatural detective and master your skills with game series like Sherlock Holmes (-80%), Tex Murphy (up to -80%), and the Broken Sword (up to -80%). Other mystery titles on sale include Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - 20th Anniversary Edition (-75%), The Last Express (-70%), Virginia (-90%), Blackwell Bundle (-70%), The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (-80%), and Thimbleweed Park (-50%).

Visit the infamous haunted house full of classic scares with the original Diablo + Hellfire (-15%), Sanitarium (-50%), Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice (-50%), Blood 2: The Blood Group (-75%), Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh (-35%), Gorky 17 (-60%), Clive Barker's Undying (-75%), The Suffering (-50%), F.E.A.R. Platinum (-75%), and many more.

Finally, treat yourself with all the recent releases you might want to catch up on, including the gruesome Blasphemous (-15%), Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (-10%), Blood: Fresh Supply (-33%), DARQ (-20%), Night Call (-10%), Pathologic 2 (-34%), and The 7th Guest: 25th Anniversary Edition (-25%). There are also bargains on some of the best selling titles like Vampyr (-60%), Grim Dawn (-70%), Hollow Knight (-50%), Unavowed (-30%), Apsulov: End of Gods (-20%), Remothered: Tormented Fathers (-60%), We Happy Few (-50%), and many more.

Enter the portal to Gogsville on GOG.COM and enjoy the spooky Halloween Sale deals until November 4th, 2 PM UTC.

For more information, please visit GOG.COM.

The Steam Halloween Sale is On Now!

What unearthly deals will you discover beneath the floating mansion? Find out during the Steam Halloween Sale, on now until November 1st at 10am Pacific.

Get discounts on horror and Halloween-themed games across the Steam catalog. The sale also features other great games that have special Halloween-themed updates or activities that are happening during the Halloween Sale!
More information.

There is a lot on my wishlist in the 5 € range right now, but nothing I need immediately so I did the rational thing and didn't buy anything. Too much to still play from my library and not enough time.

Anything decent actually on sale ?

Of those that are tagged RPG on GOG, I'd say Witcher 1/2/3, Outward, Vaporum, Mount&Blade Warband (no point in playing the original version) and Diablo are the decent ones.

In addition, I just bought Lords of the Fallen on GOG. Wanted to try that for a while, and it's a pretty good discount, so… can't judge that yet.

I thought outward was pretty bad. I almost purchased it but the reivews were really bad.

Of those that are tagged RPG on GOG, I'd say Witcher 1/2/3, Outward, Vaporum, Mount&Blade Warband (no point in playing the original version) and Diablo are the decent ones.

In addition, I just bought Lords of the Fallen on GOG. Wanted to try that for a while, and it's a pretty good discount, so… can't judge that yet.

@you;

Hm... well I enjoyed it, certainly enough to call it "decent". I'd say, look at why the reviews rate it that way and see whether that fits to your own preferences or not.

Yea I always do that - seems the game is unfinished and very sparse - at least that is my understanding.... also klunky. In this day and age I don't understand why gamesa re klunky any longer given all the great interfaces available.

@you;

Hm… well I enjoyed it, certainly enough to call it "decent". I'd say, look at why the reviews rate it that way and see whether that fits to your own preferences or not.

Yup, it certainly is klunky in terms of control and interfaces.

I know where "unfinished and sparse" is coming from, although I only partially agree with this evaluation. I guess I'd call it "raw and serene". :p

Back
Top Bottom