Gothic 3 - CP 1.75 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The promised v1.75 Community Patch (or Enhanced Edition according to their website) for Gothic 3 is now available from Mad Vulture Games. There are some nice new additions, including a modkit, although you'll need to start a new game:
You have to start a new game after the installation. Old savegames are not compatible.
There were several changes since the last official patch: Beside countless major and minor bug fixes, graphics and performance improvements there an “Alternative Balancing” and alternative A.I. was introduced with CP 1.70.
Compared to the previous patch (1.74) CP 1.75 offers widescreen support for the menues, new graphics options (like color grading or FXAA) and decreasing of stuttering by using a shader cache.
In addition to this the patch includes a ModKit, the Gothic 3 Genome Lite Edition. Using that ModKIt there are possibilities to change or create new game contents in a limited ways. There were also more possibilities added for modders. The new features and the ModKit are explained in the respective modder manual and editor guide.
Changelog here.
More information.

As I've said in another thread, the patch looks awsome and changelog shows how much effort was invested into making it, however I have a stutter problem unless I set the gothic3 process priority on high (task manager).
Since I'm into Risen2 currently, I really didn't try to disable AV as was suggested.

In any case, thanks to all modders that worked on the patch!

It looks like a lot of changes are for modders.

Is there a large modding community for GIII ?
Think the German and Russian modding communities are still active. There wasn't ever really an English one.

I don't know about g3 mods much, but I hear there is a large team developping a mod called "story project". Their aim is to fill the gaps in gothic 3's storyline and add whole news quests, chapters and proper faction system. Its been in development for quite long time and the progress they've made so far looks impressive, although its far from being complete.

Check it out. http://page.g3csp.bplaced.de/?lang=en

Installed it. Can honestly say Gothic 3 is finally playing as crisp as it should have years ago. Runs smooth and looks great. Too late, for sure but I'll replay it.

Installed the new patch and running it on high and its wonderful, stuttering is almost non-existant and if it happens (only once when I load a new game) it only occurs over a period of time < 1s. Just try walking through the grass, look at the sky and wonder around at high settings and you will see what I mean. The quality of this game (setting, story, chacaters, factions, environment, soundtrack, beasts and animals and graphics and animation) is very rare.

If Risen 2 is half decent as Gothic 3 then I am in.

How's the actual gameplay? The negative stuff I've heard about Gothic 3 isn't limited to performance issues.

Melee combat is still crap, but at least its not constant stun lock resulting in extreme nerd rage crap. Otherwise there's lots of good stuff.

Installed the new patch and running it on high and its wonderful, stuttering is almost non-existant

Indeed the flawed gem has finally been polished, it is undoubtedly a quality title now. I've been playing it simultaneously with Risen 2, and though I enjoy both immensely I must admit Gothic 3 1.75 has my attention more. Most likely because I have waited a long time for it to be playable to this caliber.

Never thought I'd see the day when G3 loads in under 15 secs and doesn't suffer from absolutely any kind of stuttering.

Hoping it will perform similarly with QP/CSP's textures.

Never thought I'd see the day when G3 loads in under 15 secs and doesn't suffer from absolutely any kind of stuttering.

Hoping it will perform similarly with QP/CSP's textures.

Was going to ask if it's worth starting over with this new patch being 1/3 of the way in now with the previous patch but no stuttering cinches it for me, starting over.

I'm another one who refused to play it with the stuttering-so hoping this is the patch that finally fixes it. Downloading it now. I really want to like this game finally.

Do people like the enhanced mode better?

Risen 2 is just as good if not better.

That's an opinion not fact. All there games follow the same pattern anyway. I found plenty of flaws but I still like the game.

Get rid of texture popping and I might like it more.

How's the actual gameplay? The negative stuff I've heard about Gothic 3 isn't limited to performance issues.

Gameplay is excellent but you require patience to get decent equipment/armour/magic.

You have many factions that you align with or not, and this is extremely important as it adds tons of replay value for Gothic 3. There are many 'main' quest routes that you can follow or ignore. Map size is enormous with distinct environments and beasts.

I found melee combat very good for a number of reasons:
- easy to get into
- distinct melee attacks with their own animation (charging, thrust moves, light/strong attacks, parrying with shields .. etc.) for different weapons - which adds tactics to the combat (you need it if you use the alternate AI option - Spamming the attack button will lead you to die quickly sometimes and that can lead to furstration).

Just a note: I would recommend that one keeps CP 1.74 handy in case you have an old graphics card that only support shader model 2.0 (and CP 1.74 is also the enhanced version of Gothic 3). CP 1.75 is only for graphics cards that support shader model 3.0 and above.

Risen 2 is just as good if not better.

If you ask me, so far it's better.
But lemme remind you that G3 had some things in the background that prevented it to become one of the cult games of the decade.

That's an opinion not fact. All there games follow the same pattern anyway

Thanks for that bit of enlightenment. I'm pretty sure nobody here realized that before you pointed it out. ;) jk

From a technical standpoint though, it's most definitely a fact.

Thanks for that bit of enlightenment. I'm pretty sure nobody here realized that before you pointed it out. ;) jk

From a technical standpoint though, it's most definitely a fact.

Thanks I try.:p Just gotta state the facts don't want a impressionable person to fall for your opinion now can I.:devilish:

Last edited:
That's an opinion not fact. All there games follow the same pattern anyway. I found plenty of flaws but I still like the game.

Get rid of texture popping and I might like it more.

Here's another opinion then - actually wait, it's a fact. Your grammar is atrocious.
I don't think I've ever seen you use the word their/there/they're in the correct manner. :) Also, in your follow up post - it's "an impressionable person", not a.
That's all. /grammar nazi mode off

I rather enjoyed my 1.74 CP replay a couple of summers ago as a mage. Are there many major changes to 1.75 that would justify downloading the patch again? I thought 1.74 was to be the last one. Anyone who has played both care to compare the two experiences? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom