Kickstarter - Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox Nenewed Campaign

I like this project, I would definitely buy this game if I saw it in the store. but since the game is almost complete (he admitted) what do they need the extra money for? Yeah Yeah I heard what he said (artist, music etc.) but it's so late in the development, it has me wondering.

Almost complete - ETA 12/21/2012. I guess it depends on everyone's definition of almost. But then, who am I to talk :p

One would hope that they'll be smarter than to release during the holiday season. The AAA stuff invariably comes out then and the game will be buried and forgotten. They need to release when nothing else is coming out.

One would hope that they'll be smarter than to release during the holiday season. The AAA stuff invariably comes out then and the game will be buried and forgotten. They need to release when nothing else is coming out.

I don't think they are thinking of even competing against those releases, definately a niche product.

It is certainly a niche game, but I agree it might be ideal to release it in a less "congested" month than December. There is just so much overload of sales and releases in that time it's easy to get drowned out. At least the hardcore followers will have already pre-ordered it through the Kickstarter.

Though if they get on Steam and can be part of the winter sale that might be lucrative.

ummm, what Holdiday AAA stuff???

Dishonored is October of this year and Bioshock Infinite and Divinity and a slew of kickstarter stuff is in 2013. IGN's list of the big games for 2012 did not impress. Malevolence has the potential to be my bulls eye.

Nothing is coming out this year. And indies don't compete with AAA titles. :p

30 hours to go - and they are at $29,430 as of this post. 30k+ looks well within sight!

Those blog posts are great by the way - they really show a nice depth to their procedural systems.

Very cool video of some game play up on the kickstarter site if you guys are interested.

Yep...imho that kinda sucks and it's a crutch you can take too easyly.
But well, you can comment on the project and maybe they'll change it back ^^

He explained that the potions used to be on a timer but it made the game to hard. I have no issues with potion spaming as long as the game is balanced for that, meaning you can't gather huge amounts of potions making you invulnerable. The way he described it made it sounds as if that was not the case.

I interpreted it a little different. ^^
However I think this is basically a broken game mechanic. And while it might work to cover other broken game mechanics it's not a good way to do things.

So I'd rather fix it and not balance the game around it.
But of course that doesn't mean it's as horrific as I imagine it, that will be seen in the game then.
But even then, not something you can't patch even after release. Though the whole balancing needs to be redone then.

Back
Top Bottom