Fallout 4: New Vegas - Teaser Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming The mod to recreate Fallout New Vegas in Fallout 4 has come out with a new teaser video.

The team behind the Fallout New Vegas Remake in Fallout 4, Fallout 4: New Vegas has released a brand new gameplay video. This video shows the main protagonist roaming the roads and talking to Oliver Swanick. It also shows the dialogue menu and reload animation.

Fallout 4: New Vegas aims to recreate Obsidian Entertainment's Fallout: New Vegas in Fallout 4's Creation Engine. This mod will come with all of the original quests, story and content. Furthermore, it will have additional gameplay elements and systems from the new and improved engine.

[...]
More information.

Well, no doubt it has potential to be a great mod but if the mod team just begun to work on it recently, then I fear this is still years away from being properly finished :(

Yeah, if I had a bottlecap for every remake that didn't see the light of day....

Well, no doubt it has potential to be a great mod but if the mod team just begun to work on it recently, then I fear this is still years away from being properly finished :(

i have the same fear, guess we have to do with vegas for now

This mod would finally put a use to Fallout 4 and I would gladly play it once more.
Although, I also think it is highly dubious if this ever gets finished...

I'd give it a try, although I wasn't all that thrilled by the original.

Fallout 4 is not that bad…
As a whole game, it is certainly better than F3.
The FPS gameplay is definitely the best of all the 3D Fallouts.

But as an RPG, well, there is almost no RPG left in the game - the little that is left isn't much more than what you'd find in any other game with mostly action gameplay plus some minor RPG elements sprinkled on top.
It's hard to even say it is bad as an RPG, as it doesn't even really try to be one.

It's worst part is the world, though.
What an unimmersive themepark. Something insanely absurd around every corner with no worldbuilding or coherence or anything else tying its elements together in any way.

It's worst part is the world, though.
What an unimmersive themepark. Something insanely absurd around every corner with no worldbuilding or coherence or anything else tying its elements together in any way.

Idk, I found the writing and dialogue to be far worse than the world tbh.

As far as this mod is concerned, my fear is that they'll eventually get a cease and desist letter like the guys who were trying to do the same thing with Fallout 3.

As far as this mod is concerned, my fear is that they'll eventually get a cease and desist letter like the guys who were trying to do the same thing with Fallout 3.

They'll need to write it so there's a dependency on FO:NV being installed. They could, for example, retrieve the audio tracks directly from the FO:NV package.

They'll need to write it so there's a dependency on FO:NV being installed. They could, for example, retrieve the audio tracks directly from the FO:NV package.

They probably won't be able to use audio from FO:NV though. The legalities over music and voiceovers is why the team that was working on that FO3-FO4 conversion had to stop.

I heard they restarted working on it with the intention of recording their own voiceovers. Not sure if they're still doing it.

But as an RPG, well, there is almost no RPG left in the game

I totally agree with you on that. But all of Bethesda's Fallouts are more action-oriented. Even though that is not my liking, I started playing FO4 with that expectation: an action game with some RPG elements. And I had a good time because for me FO4 is not that different from its Bethesda's predecessors, and therefore not that worse. But tbh, this is the first fallout that I did not play until the end.

Well looks ambitious but probably has a very small chance of ever getting finished.:(

i don´t really see the point as i don´t see the point in skywind etc if you are going to do all that work why not try to create something new instead of porting an old game into a somewhat updated engine why not do something like Tamriel Rebuilt where you add new content instead

Why not Fallout New Bedford or Fallout Marthas Nukayard

Because, while it's a mountain of work to recreate a game, it's still harder to design, write, and implement new content. New California took years to reach its current status. Frontier is going on six? years in production.

Regardless, at the end of the day, it's an homage by the modders for the older game. They take pleasure in revisiting it from that perspective... at least until it becomes an absolute grind and they move on from the project. This is the guaranteed result for all of these projects; their success hinges more upon how well they can replace burnt-out modders with fresh, interested bodies.

Back
Top Bottom